I will be quite vague but it would help if you could help me out as to whether it is worth getting other quotes

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
edrital

I will be quite vague but it would help if you could help me out as to whether it is worth getting other quotes

Post by edrital »

I will be quite vague but it would help if you could help me out as to whether it is worth getting other quotes with an assumed 20 % deposit I have been offered a 12%apr for hire purchase for 4 years. Is that too high or normalize for truck lease. Is it worth trying other lenders and brokers. Ty
kamillex

Re: I will be quite vague but it would help if you could help me out as to whether it is worth getting other quotes

Post by kamillex »

Of course you should have at least 3 offers beforehand
walterca

Re: I will be quite vague but it would help if you could help me out as to whether it is worth getting other quotes

Post by walterca »

What are you buying? And what is the purchase price?
edrital

Post by edrital »

walterca wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm What are you buying? And what is the purchase price?
it is a numbers game stage no trucks yet. Max purchase price 45k x2
Want the financing sorted first
gheorks

Post by gheorks »

edrital wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:56 pm
walterca wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:55 pm What are you buying? And what is the purchase price?
edrital, try an asset broker. They are normally much cheaper.
walterca

Post by walterca »

gheorks wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:03 pm
Jan to March is always quiet. Youve got guaranteed work?
we don't buy Scania but I'm guessing £45k might get you 17/67 plates. Have a look at Maritime although i think to get want top book.. good luck ..
edrital

Post by edrital »

walterca wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:04 pm

Jan to March is always quiet. Youve got guaranteed work?
we don't buy Scania but I'm guessing £45k might get you 17/67 plates. Have a look at Maritime although i think to get want top book.. good luck ..
yes subbing. they want deposit already spoke to them. And yes we are looking at 67 plates however completion for olicence is end of Jan
kamillex

Post by kamillex »

Gheorks, thanks
danqpod

Post by danqpod »

Top book and more
69plate Volvo 6x2 £81k 200k
Merc 66plate 7p0k £31k and not realizing anything till end of January early feb as of when I rang.
edrital

Post by edrital »

pointed me to one good one we can do the application next week. Thanks.
gheorks

Post by gheorks »

edrital wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:14 pm pointed me to one good one we can do the application next week. Thanks.
congratulations
edrital

Post by edrital »

gheorks wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:15 pm
edrital wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:14 pm pointed me to one good one we can do the application next week. Thanks.
congratulations
The only thing is they do a hard search on credit file which is fine but if we decide to try elsewhere it is possible to get rejected same with mortgages and hard searches.
edrital

Post by edrital »

danqpod wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:13 pm Top book and more
Merc 66plate 7p0k £31k and not realizing anything till end of January early feb as of when I rang.
what do u mean?
walterca

Post by walterca »

danqpod wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:13 pm Top book and more
Wouldnt touch a Merc without r&m.... Didn't like their repair costs... I'll stick with MAN...
siekjobs

Post by siekjobs »

7% is about average for a new start with a good deposit, get a good broker
edrital

Post by edrital »

siekjobs wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:33 pm 7% is about average for a new start with a good deposit, get a good broker
really helpful. Ty
siekjobs

Post by siekjobs »

edrital wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:33 pm
siekjobs wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:33 pm 7% is about average for a new start with a good deposit, get a good broker
really helpful. Ty
try Scollick finance Huddersfield
edrital

Post by edrital »

siekjobs wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:34 pm
edrital wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:33 pm
really helpful. Ty
try Scollick finance Huddersfield
I am already going with a broker but thank u hope they can match something like this as they are doing a hard search so can t have too many done.
mamage

Post by mamage »

Much cheaper to take a personal loan (assuming you've got good credit score) and lend the money to the company as a director's loan (which you can later withdraw tax free) and buy a truck for cash. Or with higher deposit and lower interest. But with current prices and lack of equipment on the market I'd probably just hire an unit for a time being and wait for prices to get back to "normal" level.
carmerion

Post by carmerion »

12%!!!!!! Shop around for sure. We got 4.9 recently.

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”