Out of interest what levels of cover of good in transit insurance would you recommend for a 26t hiab lorry.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
martinsi

Out of interest what levels of cover of good in transit insurance would you recommend for a 26t hiab lorry.

Post by martinsi »

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.96 KiB) Viewed 416 times
johnwebra

Re: Out of interest what levels of cover of good in transit insurance would you recommend for a 26t hiab lorry.

Post by johnwebra »

If you only do empty containers £1000 a ton would cover, if your doing million pound statues then a £1000 a ton won’t cover it.
Some of the questions asked on here.
martinsi

Re: Out of interest what levels of cover of good in transit insurance would you recommend for a 26t hiab lorry.

Post by martinsi »

johnwebra wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 am If you only do empty containers £1000 a ton would cover, if your doing million pound statues then a £1000 a ton won’t cover it.
it will be doing all sorts of work from container to plant and machinery.
johnwebra

Post by johnwebra »

martinsi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:42 am
johnwebra wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:40 am If you only do empty containers £1000 a ton would cover, if your doing million pound statues then a £1000 a ton won’t cover it.
I would of thought £25k a ton would do, but it needs to cover when it’s on the hook as well as the bed.
martinsi

Post by martinsi »

johnwebra wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:43 am
I would of thought £25k a ton would do, but it needs to cover when it’s on the hook as well as the bed.
I will definitely have to look into price per tone and weather difference for whilst on the hook. Got 8t lift close in and 12t payload so thinking 10k per ton on both should be about right.
johnwebra

Post by johnwebra »

martinsi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:44 am
johnwebra wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:43 am

I will definitely have to look into price per tone and weather difference for whilst on the hook. Got 8t lift close in and 12t payload so thinking 10k per ton on both should be about right.
£10k a ton won’t cover the likes of a new jd tractor on the back etc.
Derekel

Post by Derekel »

Have a look at Logistics UK terms and conditions. Yhe liability is limited to £1300 per tonne. And if you tell any clients you are running under their terms and conditions, your liability will not exceed £1300 per tonne, unless you agree to an increase before the contract is agreed. It's all about what suits your operation though.
martinsi

Post by martinsi »

Derekel wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:48 am Have a look at Logistics UK terms and conditions. Yhe liability is limited to £1300 per tonne. And if you tell any clients you are running under their terms and conditions, your liability will not exceed £1300 per tonne, unless you agree to an increase before the contract is agreed. It's all about what suits your operation though.
thanks very much I will definitely look into this as I don't want to be under insured.
Matther

Post by Matther »

martinsi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:49 am
Derekel wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:48 am Have a look at Logistics UK terms and conditions. Yhe liability is limited to £1300 per tonne. And if you tell any clients you are running under their terms and conditions, your liability will not exceed £1300 per tonne, unless you agree to an increase before the contract is agreed. It's all about what suits your operation though.
thanks very much I will definitely look into this as I don't want to be under insured.
Derekel, All of my clients expect a significantly higher level of cover than based Logistics UK/RHA level.
Derekel

Post by Derekel »

Matther wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:16 am
martinsi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:49 am
Derekel, All of my clients expect a significantly higher level of cover than based Logistics UK/RHA level.
Matther it was meant as a starting point mate in view of the minimal information given in the original post.
nerifter

Post by nerifter »

Big issues in logistics is when people don't check the value of things being carried!
gaetarter

Post by gaetarter »

It's not just git insurance you need to look at under the hook and marine ideally
martinsi

Post by martinsi »

gaetarter wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 am It's not just git insurance you need to look at under the hook and marine ideally
will be looking at both types of insurance. Excuse my ignorance what's marine insurance
gaetarter

Post by gaetarter »

martinsi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 am
gaetarter wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 am It's not just git insurance you need to look at under the hook and marine ideally
will be looking at both types of insurance. Excuse my ignorance what's marine insurance
movement and handling of goods ect but depending what your doing and carrying
tonymo

Post by tonymo »

Rha recommended £2.500 a ton

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”