Hi all, I’m an owner driver, got a question any help would be great,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
amanoolz

Hi all, I’m an owner driver, got a question any help would be great,

Post by amanoolz »

Hi all
I’m an owner driver, got a question any help would be great, so when I take my truck for inspections or any repair work to my garage which is 20mins away from my yard, can I use ‘out of scope’ or have to use my driver card? Up until now I’ve been using my driver card but it messes up with my night shift and all.
Thanks
Altheld

Re: Hi all, I’m an owner driver, got a question any help would be great,

Post by Altheld »

No you can't use out of scope
gaetarter

Post by gaetarter »

If you are out of scope you still need to record time.
Out of scope is for mechanical road test and research/development. Or UK domestic rules.
Iantann

Post by Iantann »

Have to use card, do they offer a collection service? May be an option and they then use their own cards.
amanoolz

Post by amanoolz »

Iantann wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:51 pm Have to use card, do they offer a collection service? May be an option and they then use their own cards.
that would be the best option, I’ll check with my mechanic, thanks
Iantann

Post by Iantann »

amanoolz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:51 pm
Iantann wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:51 pm Have to use card, do they offer a collection service? May be an option and they then use their own cards.
that would be the best option, I’ll check with my mechanic, thanks
just make sure he has a card or you will have missing mileage, I had this issue with one of my operators, they’ve since got cards but I was forever chasing emails to cover the mileage and insisting that they got cards
Beckymr

Post by Beckymr »

Card in always. Otherwise you will to explain the missing miles to the TC. 20mins is along time its not exactly yard shunting is it?
Pay extra and get the garage to send someone to collect the truck from your yard or drop it off at the workshop and get a taxi back home like the rest of us. Or take a good book and wait until its done, as long as you have that understanding with your work.

Invest in a bike. Put the bike on the back of the unit and ride the bike back home and bike back to collect...save money and get fitter.
amanoolz

Post by amanoolz »

Beckymr wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:52 pm Card in always. Otherwise you will to explain the missing miles to the TC. 20mins is along time its not exactly yard shunting is it?
Pay extra and get the garage to send someone to collect the truck from your yard or drop it off at the workshop and get a taxi back home like the rest of us. Or take a good book and wait until its done, as long as you have that understanding with your work.

Invest in a bike. Put the bike on the back of the unit and ride the bike back home and bike back to collect...save money and get fitter.
not a bad shout

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”