Hi. Who on here is using a fuel surcharge/escalator for their customers as a sub contractor?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
bogdata

Hi. Who on here is using a fuel surcharge/escalator for their customers as a sub contractor?

Post by bogdata »

The price of fuel is getting out of hand.
jon_pylon

Re: Hi. Who on here is using a fuel surcharge/escalator for their customers as a sub contractor?

Post by jon_pylon »

All I’m saying is thank god I filled all the bulk tanks at the yard 3 weeks ago
Bryn_Knight

Re: Hi. Who on here is using a fuel surcharge/escalator for their customers as a sub contractor?

Post by Bryn_Knight »

jon_pylon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:14 pm All I’m saying is thank god I filled all the bulk tanks at the yard 3 weeks ago
not the best idea advertising that!!🙈
jon_pylon

Post by jon_pylon »

Bryn_Knight wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:18 pm
jon_pylon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:14 pm All I’m saying is thank god I filled all the bulk tanks at the yard 3 weeks ago
not the best idea advertising that!!🙈
can see the headlines already,, man gets savaged by a herd of angry wild lim bulls,, whilst trying to pinch some drums of derv 👌
donaldXp

Post by donaldXp »

All I can say is a lot of you will go broke paying high fuel high finance and cutting rates to pieces some rates offered now I was getting 10 years ago and everything was cheaper back then
evanser11

Post by evanser11 »

If your worried about fuel price you ain't charging enough per job that was wise words from a boss.
craigboa

Post by craigboa »

evanser11 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:20 pm If your worried about fuel price you ain't charging enough per job that was wise words from a boss.
all well and good till you quote for jobs and get fuck all as people are willing to run for nothing these days
Redstrene

Post by Redstrene »

I really don't understand why Hauliers aren't doing something about this. Not blocking roads just park them up and protests as private citizens. After all it was okay for BLACK LIVES MATTER and EXTINCTION REBELLION
jarl_tyroon

Post by jarl_tyroon »

Redstrene wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:22 pm I really don't understand why Hauliers aren't doing something about this. Not blocking roads just park them up and protests as private citizens. After all it was okay for BLACK LIVES MATTER and EXTINCTION REBELLION
but why aren’t hauliers just passing the cost on 🤷‍♂️
Redstrene

Post by Redstrene »

jarl_tyroon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:22 pm
Redstrene wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:22 pm I really don't understand why Hauliers aren't doing something about this. Not blocking roads just park them up and protests as private citizens. After all it was okay for BLACK LIVES MATTER and EXTINCTION REBELLION
unfortunately there comes a point that the customers are priced out of the market by their overheads.
jarl_tyroon

Post by jarl_tyroon »

Redstrene wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:23 pm
jarl_tyroon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:22 pm
unfortunately there comes a point that the customers are priced out of the market by their overheads.
doesn’t mean you got to go down the pan with them
kierango2

Post by kierango2 »

depends what work you do I haul scrap metal and you do job for the rate or someone else will

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”