Hello, I’m trying to tilt the cab on a Mercedes Actros Mp4. Does anyone know how to unlock it?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Bryn_Knight

Hello, I’m trying to tilt the cab on a Mercedes Actros Mp4. Does anyone know how to unlock it?

Post by Bryn_Knight »

Hello, I’m trying to tilt the cab on a Mercedes Actros Mp4 and when I start pumping the lock from driver side is not unlocking... I’m doing something wrong? Does anyone know how to unlock it?
Thanks!
Attachments
cab.jpg
cab.jpg (67.04 KiB) Viewed 449 times
GarryMr

Re: Hello, I’m trying to tilt the cab on a Mercedes Actros Mp4. Does anyone know how to unlock it?

Post by GarryMr »

Did you put the leaver on the pump all the way in( the small bar that is on the lift puns- push it towards the engine to lift, pull it out to lower cab), before it lifts you have to pump and pump till it makes pressure, if so check if you have ATF fluid in the cab lifting pump!!
Rich_Spy

Re: Hello, I’m trying to tilt the cab on a Mercedes Actros Mp4. Does anyone know how to unlock it?

Post by Rich_Spy »

Use wd-40 and a hammer, just be carefully
GarryMr

Post by GarryMr »

this is for lifting up
this is for lowering down
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (5.62 KiB) Viewed 445 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (5.9 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Bryn_Knight

Post by Bryn_Knight »

That guys, I will give it a try tomorrow
RyanSlipk

Post by RyanSlipk »

The pins seize. If the cab starts to lift but stops then release it back down, penetrating oil and prybar or a gentle hammer to free the pins/hinge.
Bryn_Knight

Post by Bryn_Knight »

Thanks everyone for answering, solved the problem
🔨 +wd40

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”