Hi. I'm looking for guidance that I have the below correct I have a single vehicle operator and have put together

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
chrismcne

Hi. I'm looking for guidance that I have the below correct I have a single vehicle operator and have put together

Post by chrismcne »

Hi. I'm looking for guidance that I have the below correct I have a single vehicle operator and have put together a folder for O licence compliance and want to know I have included everything as a condition on the license is we have an audit conducted within the 1st 12 months of operating
1. Copy of O licence
2. Maintenance schedule
3. Copy of logbook and tax receipt
4. MOT, Tacho cal cert VTG6 Plate
5. Inspection sheets
6. Additional Repairs
7. Infringement letters and debrief
8 Copy of OCRS Score
I keep the defect sheets in a separate A5 folder
Be grateful if I have missed anything that people help and any suggestions are very welcome
Thanks
Leesmar

Re: Hi. I'm looking for guidance that I have the below correct I have a single vehicle operator and have put together

Post by Leesmar »

They’ll want to see in their all your daily walk around sheets
Danielly

Re: Hi. I'm looking for guidance that I have the below correct I have a single vehicle operator and have put together

Post by Danielly »

Leesmar wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:44 pm They’ll want to see in their all your daily walk around sheets
Better to have nil defects as well as defects, I personally scan in the sheets and dispose nil defects from the previous month (so November's went in the bin this month)
andy.horja

Post by andy.horja »

Danielly wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:47 pm
Leesmar wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:44 pm They’ll want to see in their all your daily walk around sheets
Better to have nil defects as well as defects, I personally scan in the sheets and dispose nil defects from the previous month (so November's went in the bin this month)
I’d consider it good practice to keep daily defect sheets for 15 months to run along side pmi’s
PhilipTeenz

Post by PhilipTeenz »

andy.horja wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:48 pm
I’d consider it good practice to keep daily defect sheets for 15 months to run along side pmi’s
Thats exactly how i understand it too. The reason behind that is to tie the defect up with the repair date. Then you only need to keep a calendar month of daily check sheets to show that daily checks are being carried out as a matter of routine.
andy.horja

Post by andy.horja »

PhilipTeenz wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:50 pm
andy.horja wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:48 pm

Thats exactly how i understand it too. The reason behind that is to tie the defect up with the repair date. Then you only need to keep a calendar month of daily check sheets to show that daily checks are being carried out as a matter of routine.
Some firms keep them for 3 years so when Jonny driver sues for slipping of his broken step you’ve evidence to prove the step wasn’t broken ,
ryanwooo

Post by ryanwooo »

I'm not 100% I understand the question But it looks like you want put all documents in one folder? I would advise against that. Create one just for vehicle documentation. Then 2nd for compliance documents.
Altonne

Post by Altonne »

Is it easy to get 1 OL for say sprinter and trailer?
simon.carch

Post by simon.carch »

Service centre gv79 agreement, that will be carrying your 6 weekly inspections. Document is available on the vosa site
Carmenbers

Post by Carmenbers »

Seems ok, but have you considered your policies, procedures & risk assessments.
You’ll also need to download the following from DVSA website:
1. The Enforcement Sanctions Policy
2. The Categorisation of Defects
3. The Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness
4. The Good Operators Guide
This should do for a start.
They may also ask for how you keep yourself up to date with what’s going on in the industry. This Facebook site is a good start, & the DVSA downloads, which are free, are a second.
All the best & were all here should you need it
Stevenixx

Post by Stevenixx »

Loaded brake tests, driving licence checks, card copies expiry dates, wheel retorque certs. WTD records

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”