What to expect during this seminar i.e do they ask any questions or is it just for information?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jattnary

What to expect during this seminar i.e do they ask any questions or is it just for information?

Post by Jattnary »

Hello All external managers, have you ever had email from dvsa to attend new operator Seminar. I have mine via Zoom. What to expect during this seminar i.e do they ask any questions or is it just for information? They say I have to attend
andreewt

Re: What to expect during this seminar i.e do they ask any questions or is it just for information?

Post by andreewt »

Just info. It is not a test.
Trantersk

Re: What to expect during this seminar i.e do they ask any questions or is it just for information?

Post by Trantersk »

Info it’s good as I learnt a few things which being a new operater I didn’t know
rogerson

Post by rogerson »

Take part and relax, nothing to be worrying about.
shelle_yeo

Post by shelle_yeo »

Yes I attended one via zoom last year few questions were asked they asked us to say who we were, company and what we do 😃
Dragossm

Post by Dragossm »

I always convince the operator to attend rather than you as TM. You already studied all that stuff for your CPC exams, so it's much better for the operator to attend.
Jattnary

Post by Jattnary »

Dragossm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:32 pm I always convince the operator to attend rather than you as TM. You already studied all that stuff for your CPC exams, so it's much better for the operator to attend.
asked him but is bit concerned about what they may ask.
Dragossm

Post by Dragossm »

Jattnary wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:33 pm
Dragossm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:32 pm I always convince the operator to attend rather than you as TM. You already studied all that stuff for your CPC exams, so it's much better for the operator to attend.
asked him but is bit concerned about what they may ask.
He just has to attend and be present, I don't think there's any exam or test, he just needs to sit and listen, that's all.
kevinum

Post by kevinum »

Always good for operator to either do or go with them. Had one recently and it was done online they just had to visit the link to register and attend simple as.
FlorinFlux

Post by FlorinFlux »

Remember, whilst it is not compulsory to attend, attendance will be recorded on your file. If you or the operator were ever called to a PI, and you had not attended, the TC would not take too kindly to that. Do attend, participate, and you will learn something new.
Jattnary

Post by Jattnary »

Thank you everyone
BaileyMr

Post by BaileyMr »

It’s like an OLAT course they tell you what you should be doing as a new operator in the area
kywzman

Post by kywzman »

The last one I done was interesting, next 1 in May via zoom.
Lauramisr

Post by Lauramisr »

Can anyone join in with these or do you need to be invited? I’m compliance rather than TM but desperate for more knowledge and help!! Our TM has grandfather rights - done it for years and years - I’m eager to keep learning but we have a budget of 0 for cpd!
Jattnary

Post by Jattnary »

Lauramisr wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 pm Can anyone join in with these or do you need to be invited? I’m compliance rather than TM but desperate for more knowledge and help!! Our TM has grandfather rights - done it for years and years - I’m eager to keep learning but we have a budget of 0 for cpd!
[email protected] email them they may send you a zoom link to attend, need to notify before 5th may , seminar 12th may 0900
Lauramisr

Post by Lauramisr »

Jattnary wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:49 pm
Lauramisr wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:48 pm Can anyone join in with these or do you need to be invited? I’m compliance rather than TM but desperate for more knowledge and help!! Our TM has grandfather rights - done it for years and years - I’m eager to keep learning but we have a budget of 0 for cpd!
[email protected] email them they may send you a zoom link to attend, need to notify before 5th may , seminar 12th may 0900
thank you I’ll do that
kent_khrist

Post by kent_khrist »

Just listen what he say....don't explain your jat or drive tractor before..
Jattnary

Post by Jattnary »

kent_khrist wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:55 pm Just listen what he say....don't explain your jat or drive tractor before..
haha ok I won’t
Karenpo

Post by Karenpo »

Got mine for next week via zoom, a little bit nervous myself as not knowing what to expect but have attended the OLAT course in November so hoping similar to that
Alistaired

Post by Alistaired »

I went around 6 years ago to our local DVSA office. Obviously it’s via Zoom these days because of COVID
Despite being a TM and known most of what was said it was a good in-site to the DVSA and it was good to meet some of the local DVSA officers.
Most of the course was a lecture, followed by some Q&A at the end of each section.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”