Hi, I'm new to this group. Its a bit long winded I'm afraid.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

I have a 2020 truck with a GEN 2 tacho. Ive previously managed to download the vehicle data but on one occasion we did need a new tacho head. I'm now able to download the data using a digidown. But I try and upload it (many many times) to Smart Analysis and theres an error for 'bad data'. The tacho itself is fine (I've paid for it to be checked and they've managed to download the data). The digidown guys say they can read the data and its not corrupt but the data still wont upload. The analysis guys are still looking at it for me but I'm now on 75days since last download (its taken this long). Anyone any thoughts? I have another GEN 2 tacho on 2021 truck and that uploads data fine.
Mumbynx

Re: Hi, I'm new to this group. Its a bit long winded I'm afraid.

Post by Mumbynx »

Try asking for a new company card. Some had chip issues depending on date. We changed ours and vehicle uploaded straight away.
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

Mumbynx wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:17 pm Try asking for a new company card. Some had chip issues depending on date. We changed ours and vehicle uploaded straight away.
tbh its the only thing I can think I haven't tried. Strange how it works on one truck and not the other though.
Mumbynx

Post by Mumbynx »

Kellyos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:18 pm
Mumbynx wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:17 pm Try asking for a new company card. Some had chip issues depending on date. We changed ours and vehicle uploaded straight away.
tbh its the only thing I can think I haven't tried. Strange how it works on one truck and not the other though.
yes we had the same tried all sorts
daveyer

Post by daveyer »

Is the special data selected in the download tool settings?
As if I select that on my DigiVu, it won’t upload. (Will download fine, but software rejects it).
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

daveyer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:20 pm Is the special data selected in the download tool settings?
As if I select that on my DigiVu, it won’t upload. (Will download fine, but software rejects it).
sorry Im not where the special data is. I have a Tacho disc digidown 'Gen2'.
daveyer

Post by daveyer »

Kellyos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:20 pm
daveyer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:20 pm Is the special data selected in the download tool settings?
I’ve only used a digidown device a couple of times, and can’t remember it’s possible settings options. (Digidown is manufactured by Lisle, and company’s sell it as their own, like FTA, Tacho Disc).
On the DigiVu, it’s a setting option when the DigiVu is plugged in the computer and DigiVu software on & running on the computer.
daveyer

Post by daveyer »

daveyer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:21 pm
Kellyos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:20 pm
I’ve only used a digidown device a couple of times, and can’t remember it’s possible settings options. (Digidown is manufactured by Lisle, and company’s sell it as their own, like FTA, Tacho Disc).
On the DigiVu, it’s a setting option when the DigiVu is plugged in the computer and DigiVu software on & running on the computer.
Have you tried uploading to another software? (not Smart). If you send the ddd file, I can see if uploads to my software.
Perrinser

Post by Perrinser »

Is your download machine gen2 ?
I tried to do a download yesterday with an old dlk Pro machine but it refused to download as it was a 2nd Generation Tacho head. I am having the firmware updated.
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

Perrinser wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:22 pm Is your download machine gen2 ?
I tried to do a download yesterday with an old dlk Pro machine but it refused to download as it was a 2nd Generation Tacho head. I am having the firmware updated.
yes its a GEN 2 and the firmware has been checked its up to date. They've also been really helpful and sent me a replacement device to try and that downloads but wont upload. Its only on the one truck.
miketios

Post by miketios »

Ring smart analysis , send them the DDD file data on thé digidown. They can up upload manually.
Ive got a gen 2 that does exactly the same, still haven’t worked out why It does it
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

miketios wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:24 pm Ring smart analysis , send them the DDD file data on thé digidown. They can up upload manually.
Ive got a gen 2 that does exactly the same, still haven’t worked out why It does it
Ah ok will do. So its a known gremlin? They seemed shocked when I told them. I've spent so many hours trying to resolve this. How long have you had the ongoing issue?
miketios

Post by miketios »

Kellyos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm
miketios wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:24 pm Ring smart analysis , send them the DDD file data on thé digidown. They can up upload manually.
Ah ok will do. So its a known gremlin? They seemed shocked when I told them. I've spent so many hours trying to resolve this. How long have you had the ongoing issue?
I’ve had this issue on one of my trucks for about 9 months. I remote download all the trucks now so I just left it as it was
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

miketios wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm
I’ve had this issue on one of my trucks for about 9 months. I remote download all the trucks now so I just left it as it was
How do I remote download? Sorry, the GEN 2 is new to me.
miketios

Post by miketios »

Kellyos wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:26 pm
miketios wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:25 pm

How do I remote download? Sorry, the GEN 2 is new to me.
I don’t use smart analysis anymore, I use disc check now. I changed my whole tracker / tacho analysis software all together to a more all in one system when our tracking software was due to be renewed
Arorabi

Post by Arorabi »

Kellyos, who is your contact at Smart Analysis?
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

Arorabi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:30 pm Kellyos, who is your contact at Smart Analysis?
Jon & Callum
Everdellst

Post by Everdellst »

Hi Kellyos! Definitely suggest requesting a new card, had to do the same earlier in the year, there is a known compatibility using on some cards depending on their original issue date.
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

Everdellst wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:34 pm Hi Kellyos! Definitely suggest requesting a new card, had to do the same earlier in the year, there is a known compatibility using on some cards depending on their original issue date.
Hi Everdellst. Good to hear from you. Will do.
AceStua

Post by AceStua »

New downloader required or check software on fta or rha to see if it can be updated
Jimg_Zoom

Post by Jimg_Zoom »

I don't have quite the same problem.....got a new tacho fitted to a 3.5 tonne flat bed. Couldn't upload the data from the head. Turns out that older download units are not compatible. No software update available so had to buy a new digital downloader.
Mandeepay

Post by Mandeepay »

Jimg_Zoom wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:39 pm I don't have quite the same problem.....got a new tacho fitted to a 3.5 tonne flat bed. Couldn't upload the data from the head. Turns out that older download units are not compatible. No software update available so had to buy a new digital downloader.
yes youll
Need a new digidown to download from gen 2 tachos
BrianjKing

Post by BrianjKing »

Mandeepay wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:39 pm
Jimg_Zoom wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:39 pm I don't have quite the same problem.....got a new tacho fitted to a 3.5 tonne flat bed. Couldn't upload the data from the head. Turns out that older download units are not compatible. No software update available so had to buy a new digital downloader.
yes youll
Mandeepay, he can go on lisle’s web site and download the software to upgrade his existing digidown for gen 2.
Jimg_Zoom

Post by Jimg_Zoom »

Mandeepay wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:39 pm
yes youll
the unit was too old. Lisle's website lists boxes by serial numbers. You can download for the more recent boxes but I think this one must have been the prototype!! 😄
Kellyos

Post by Kellyos »

I been in constant contact with Lisle, they've been a great help. I already have an up-to-date Gen 2 digidown which they've checked is up to date and works on a different GEN 2 truck tacho, they've analysed data and sent me a replacement digidown to try as well, which again works fine on a different GEN 2 truck.
FirstAttwater

Post by FirstAttwater »

Software needs updating had similar issues

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”