Still some owner operators loosing their temper and covering the freight for cheap which can come up.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
aliftwor

Still some owner operators loosing their temper and covering the freight for cheap which can come up.

Post by aliftwor »

Still some owner operators loosing their temper and covering the freight for cheap which can come up. Don't mind but those guys are the real problem for the industry.
DustDunem

Re: Still some owner operators loosing their temper and covering the freight for cheap which can come up.

Post by DustDunem »

They are, and there is nothing we can do about it.
kaye

Re: Still some owner operators loosing their temper and covering the freight for cheap which can come up.

Post by kaye »

I have been at it since 1984 and run ten trucks and it is bollocks owner drivers cutting rates the bigger the company the cheaper they work. I started ou as an owner driver so I know how it feelstt
Wojciechap

Post by Wojciechap »

kaye wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:14 pm I have been at it since 1984 and run ten trucks and it is bollocks owner drivers cutting rates the bigger the company the cheaper they work. I started ou as an owner driver so I know how it feelstt
it's a choice... Park em up and hope business picks up or try to keep running... We seem to be back to 2015 rates at the mo even though fuel had now risen 7ppl
kaye

Post by kaye »

Wojciechap wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm
kaye wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:14 pm I have been at it since 1984 and run ten trucks and it is bollocks owner drivers cutting rates the bigger the company the cheaper they work. I started ou as an owner driver so I know how it feelstt
it's a choice... Park em up and hope business picks up or try to keep running... We seem to be back to 2015 rates at the mo even though fuel had now risen 7ppl
No point in working for nothing are you a haulier or owner driver
Wojciechap

Post by Wojciechap »

kaye wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm
Wojciechap wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:15 pm
No point in working for nothing are you a haulier or owner driver
I don't see the market changing until September / October
Wojciechap

Post by Wojciechap »

We run 4
you'll know yourself traction only there's such an oversupply of kit that the ferry trailer operators can call the shots and all you can do is try to make sure you get a decent supply of work. If you've got a good operator who works with you you can make a bit.. if you get someone who doesn't have a clue then no matter how hard you try you can't make it pay. We do some ferry trailer work but I couldn't keep a truck on it if full-time. Not enough in it.. especially at the moment.
Dennisus

Post by Dennisus »

I had a look on the amazon relay and couldn’t what they were paying. Yet people are willing to do it. Unless I’m missing something of course
Retionex

Post by Retionex »

I came off general haulage 8 years ago because of rate chopping and went onto Ferry Trailers and Containers because it was as low as you can go and nobody could undercut you I don't do anything now I parked them all up just my fitter does a bit of general haulage But at least the ferry companies paid me. Tomasz Pachucki All depends on what sort of work you are used to doing now
jimboot

Post by jimboot »

You can go skint sat at home why work your nuts off to loose money?
Ive turned down a number of loads for my 2 trucks because of low rates.....
Unfortunately people will do the job just for a load. My last conversation was let some other mug do it for nothing.
Things will get better (I hope). Take care all 👍🏻
kaye

Post by kaye »

jimboot wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:22 pm You can go skint sat at home why work your nuts off to loose money?
Ive turned down a number of loads for my 2 trucks because of low rates.....
Unfortunately people will do the job just for a load. My last conversation was let some other mug do it for nothing.
Things will get better (I hope). Take care all 👍🏻
well said matey
rafalog

Post by rafalog »

No way. Bigger company's many times run for almost nothing to just keep customer and make profit on other trucks.
kaye

Post by kaye »

rafalog wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:25 pm No way. Bigger company's many times run for almost nothing to just keep customer and make profit on other trucks.
That is correct just what I see

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”