Can anyone tell me what's the hourly rate an low loader, heavy Haulage, as a full time driver?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Alexbervi

Can anyone tell me what's the hourly rate an low loader, heavy Haulage, as a full time driver?

Post by Alexbervi »

Mihaelaur

Re: Can anyone tell me what's the hourly rate an low loader, heavy Haulage, as a full time driver?

Post by Mihaelaur »

It's whatever a driver is prepared to work for.
You'd find someone happy at £9.50ph, if you advertised it at that.
You'd get 100s of replies from people who won't get out of bed for less than £20ph though.
cleggie

Re: Can anyone tell me what's the hourly rate an low loader, heavy Haulage, as a full time driver?

Post by cleggie »

Mihaelaur wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:57 pm It's whatever a driver is prepared to work for.
You'd get 100s of replies from people who won't get out of bed for less than £20ph though.
so true, I know a small firm 7 lorries who won't put ads on here because of the abuse that they had in the past for paying 12.50 ph
Stevelinfo

Post by Stevelinfo »

Mihaelaur wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:57 pm It's whatever a driver is prepared to work for.
To be fair though would you work for that?
Mihaelaur

Post by Mihaelaur »

Stevelinfo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:00 pm
in all honesty?
I don't know...
If I was unemployed and wanted to get back in the seat, probably.
One thing I've found with this game. It's far easier to find your next job, when you already have one. So take the next available seat and treat is as a stepping stone.
Stevelinfo

Post by Stevelinfo »

Mihaelaur wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:01 pm
in all honesty?
I don't know...
One thing I've found with this game. It's far easier to find your next job, when you already have one. So take the next available seat and treat is as a stepping stone.
Just drags the rate down for drivers though mate?
Mihaelaur

Post by Mihaelaur »

Stevelinfo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:01 pm
Mihaelaur wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:01 pm

in all honesty?
I don't know...
Just drags the rate down for drivers though mate?
You generally find the companies advertising the low rates, have a very high turn over of drivers. It costs them more in the long run. The TC will also look carefully at companies with a high driver attrition rate.
Alexbervi

Post by Alexbervi »

let's be honest now. How stupid you must be to work for less than 16-17£/h (depending on the jobs) on a low loader where you have big responsibility and a lot of restrictions + a lot of work to do securing the load...
I wouldn't work for less than that whilst you get paid anywhere 13-14£/h for general Haulage.
Dennisus

Post by Dennisus »

all these "millionaires" with BMW's and expensive cars (god bless Boris for Bounceback loan opportunity) called truck drivers who are not getting out of bed for less that 15ph+ time1/2 after 8hrs are not capable to make the difference between employee, self employed and LTD (like they are).
And you expect an honest answer about the wages?
Mate, this is 2020 where the agency drivers came out of furlongh last month calling themselves "Key workers" when they known that without us (the unhappy ones) they would have eat my ass in March-April-May-June.
So the rates are good with what you are happy to take if you work with the right people.
All the best!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”