One of our drivers (Class C+E) has had a speeding conviction in his own vehicle. Does anyone have a template?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
grahamer

One of our drivers (Class C+E) has had a speeding conviction in his own vehicle. Does anyone have a template?

Post by grahamer »

One of our drivers ( Class C+E ) has had a speeding conviction in his own vehicle.
I know that I need to inform the Traffic Commissioner.
Does anyone have a template of what to put in the letter please.
grayyOld

Re: One of our drivers (Class C+E) has had a speeding conviction in his own vehicle. Does anyone have a template?

Post by grayyOld »

NikkiForlife wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:55 pm Why do you need to tell TC?
apparently even if you sneeze your suppose to notify them 🙄
IanForyou

Re: One of our drivers (Class C+E) has had a speeding conviction in his own vehicle. Does anyone have a template?

Post by IanForyou »

You dont need to tell the TC.
smitheenr

Post by smitheenr »

IanForyou wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:57 pm You dont need to tell the TC.
yes you do
ArisReece

Post by ArisReece »

smitheenr wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:57 pm
IanForyou wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:57 pm You dont need to tell the TC.
yes you do
No you don’t
denuDept

Post by denuDept »

They will be have been informed if they have been on the phone
parkerycer

Post by parkerycer »

You do need to tell TC but you can keep it simple
Nealkpot

Post by Nealkpot »

The driver should report it too. You should get a recorded response on the reasons and file it ( "foot down Friday notbeing a proper one)
grahamer

Post by grahamer »

Nealkpot wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:00 pm The driver should report it too. You should get a recorded response on the reasons and file it ( "foot down Friday notbeing a proper one)
does anyone else get the driver to report it?
garrykAsp

Post by garrykAsp »

Only need to tell the TC if driver has 6 points is employed. Anything under that is discretion.
richardbe

Post by richardbe »

garrykAsp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:01 pm Only need to tell the TC if driver has 6 points is employed. Anything under that is discretion.
wrong
garrykAsp

Post by garrykAsp »

richardbe wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:02 pm
garrykAsp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:01 pm Only need to tell the TC if driver has 6 points is employed. Anything under that is discretion.
wrong
ok I will have to see the update as only have 2021 information looks like I misread it on what they do to when their informed. 🤔
Agnestw

Post by Agnestw »

You have to report speed awareness courses - see 104 Statutory Notice No 6 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ATDO_1.PDF
vernonda

Post by vernonda »

She him are informed by police it is down to her him if they want to ask you in for a chat, if you are asked to attend forget about your licence for a few months, no excuses are tolerated, they are brutal.
Tundefirs

Post by Tundefirs »

Is this what it’s coming to ? Why would anyone choose this industry. I am a TM and did speed awareness in 2020 , I also got change for a £20 note when I only gave a tenner in the corner shop . Should I contact Leeds and tell them ??
MMurtaza

Post by MMurtaza »

Below is a non-exhaustible list of things that you should notify to the Traffic Commissioner. You can notify the Traffic Commissioner quite simply by writing to The Office of the Traffic Commissioner, Hillcrest House in Leeds, quoting your operator’s licence number.
The following should be notified in writing to the Traffic Commissioner as soon as possible and certainly within 28 days :
Any criminal convictions of the operator licence holder, directors, partners or employees.
Any fixed penalty notices or conditional offers issued to drivers or to anyone else connected with the transport operation.
Where you no longer have access to at least one vehicle on your operators licence.
Anything that might affect your ability to operate an “effective and stable establishment”. This includes any change to your office, correspondence or operating centre address.
Any event that brings the professional competence or repute of your Transport Manager into question.
Any change to yoru finances which means that you don't or may not soon have access to the required level of financial standing.
A change of maintenance arrangements, if for example you engage a new maintenance contractor.
Any change in ownership of the business. This includes transferring the business from a sole trader to a limited company or to a partnership.
Any change of partners or directors within the company.
Any insolvency event including bankruptcy, liquidation, sequestration, administration, receivership, voluntary arrangements or debt relief orders.
grahamer

Post by grahamer »

MMurtaza wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm Below is a non-exhaustible list of things that you should notify to the Traffic Commissioner. You can notify the Traffic Commissioner quite simply by writing to The Office of the Traffic Commissioner, Hillcrest House in Leeds, quoting your operator’s licence number.
The following should be notified in writing to the Traffic Commissioner as soon as possible and certainly within 28 days :
Any criminal convictions of the operator licence holder, directors, partners or employees.
Any fixed penalty notices or conditional offers issued to drivers or to anyone else connected with the transport operation.
Where you no longer have access to at least one vehicle on your operators licence.
Anything that might affect your ability to operate an “effective and stable establishment”. This includes any change to your office, correspondence or operating centre address.
Any event that brings the professional competence or repute of your Transport Manager into question.
Any change to yoru finances which means that you don't or may not soon have access to the required level of financial standing.
A change of maintenance arrangements, if for example you engage a new maintenance contractor.
Any change in ownership of the business. This includes transferring the business from a sole trader to a limited company or to a partnership.
Any insolvency event including bankruptcy, liquidation, sequestration, administration, receivership, voluntary arrangements or debt relief orders.
thanks for your reply. Do you know of a template that could be filled in and submitted ?
MMurtaza

Post by MMurtaza »

grahamer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:07 pm
MMurtaza wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm Below is a non-exhaustible list of things that you should notify to the Traffic Commissioner. You can notify the Traffic Commissioner quite simply by writing to The Office of the Traffic Commissioner, Hillcrest House in Leeds, quoting your operator’s licence number.
thanks for your reply. Do you know of a template that could be filled in and submitted ?
anything I send, I just do on a standard email
grahamer

Post by grahamer »

MMurtaza wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:07 pm
Hi MMurtaza, can I ask which email address you send it to.
MMurtaza

Post by MMurtaza »

grahamer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:08 pm

just put licence number , company name and address
Email [email protected]
grahamer

Post by grahamer »

MMurtaza wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:09 pm
grahamer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:08 pm

just put licence number , company name and address
Email [email protected]
thank you
kerrymoto

Post by kerrymoto »

Sorry on this point, I have just become a TM for a newly formed company the owner had already employed driver, one has 6 points against his name for two speeding offences, do I need to inform the Traffic Commissioner
grahamer

Post by grahamer »

I have had a reply from the Traffic commissioners office, and they said “ As the offence was committed in his own vehicle no further action is required.
We only need to be notified of offences carried out whilst driving a vehicle 7.5 tonnes and above.”
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

grahamer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:12 pm I have had a reply from the Traffic commissioners office, and they said “ As the offence was committed in his own vehicle no further action is required.
We only need to be notified of offences carried out whilst driving a vehicle 7.5 tonnes and above.”
That’s an interesting twist on the Stat Doc and certainly goes against the guidance given. They may not take any action, but do need to be notified

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”