Booked on a CPC course in July exam in Aug, exam board is CILT. Read a lot on here about OCR exams not a lot about CILT.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
andixre

Booked on a CPC course in July exam in Aug, exam board is CILT. Read a lot on here about OCR exams not a lot about CILT.

Post by andixre »

Hi, Booked on a CPC course in July exam in Aug, exam board is CILT. Read a lot on here about OCR exams not a lot about CILT. Question, are these boards on par (which I expect they would be) or is one seen a better qualification for future employment as a TM.
JadeEver

Re: Booked on a CPC course in July exam in Aug, exam board is CILT. Read a lot on here about OCR exams not a lot about C

Post by JadeEver »

I have sat both exams and they are both equally as challenging I liked the cilt format but understand it’s changing but unsure when
andixre

Re: Booked on a CPC course in July exam in Aug, exam board is CILT. Read a lot on here about OCR exams not a lot about C

Post by andixre »

JadeEver wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:18 pm I have sat both exams and they are both equally as challenging I liked the cilt format but understand it’s changing but unsure when
Thanks, didn’t want it to be an expensive mistake choosing the wrong exam board for then gaining employment. 👍
JadeEver

Post by JadeEver »

andixre wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:18 pm
JadeEver wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:18 pm I have sat both exams and they are both equally as challenging I liked the cilt format but understand it’s changing but unsure when
Thanks, didn’t want it to be an expensive mistake choosing the wrong exam board for then gaining employment. 👍
Make sure you read the questions properly ie word for word, but they should train you on how to pass the exam as well as gaining the knowledge when you do the course, I also like cilt for the personal development side too they run some good webinars and things
SjdeeBlond

Post by SjdeeBlond »

A lot of the differences is the wording of the questions, all I can say when you do the exam make sure you read the questions RTFQ
andixre

Post by andixre »

Ruanell wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:20 pm Who did you book with
Ridgeway Training out of Crawley
owensign

Post by owensign »

CILT format is changing at the next exam
daveXcaptain

Post by daveXcaptain »

I don’t think you can book OCR now unless it is a resit. I think last resits are December 2021 then you will have to do both exams with another awarding body. OCR announced last year they were pulling the exam and last new candidates had to sign up before this March. Not seen anything to suggest it has changed.
Most people and TC want to see it is a qualification from a recognized awarding body, there after this body did the exam is irrelevant.
andixre

Post by andixre »

daveXcaptain wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:24 pm I don’t think you can book OCR now unless it is a resit. I think last resits are December 2021 then you will have to do both exams with another awarding body. OCR announced last year they were pulling the exam and last new candidates had to sign up before this March. Not seen anything to suggest it has changed.
Most people and TC want to see it is a qualification from a recognized awarding body, there after this body did the exam is irrelevant.
Thanks for the reply that answers it hands down. CILT was the only available board anyway. Heard good reports about the training provider so now it’s down to some hard study. Then hopefully more full filling job prospects 🤞

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”