Hi there, I'm a new external transport manager and I have sent application for a new operator 2 weeks ago.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
anamaic

Hi there, I'm a new external transport manager and I have sent application for a new operator 2 weeks ago.

Post by anamaic »

But today I have received a letter from traffic commissioner saying: "• A written explanation, with supporting evidence, about how the company has been meeting its transport needs since its incorporation in April, The response should include the weight of vehicles used or details about which third party operator it has been using."
What documents do I need to attach here if anyone has been in the same situation please let me know. Many thanks in advance for replying.
alxnefilm

Re: Hi there, I'm a new external transport manager and I have sent application for a new operator 2 weeks ago.

Post by alxnefilm »

Just say no vehicles. Say that you worked as a contractor driver (if that is what you did) and attach 1-2 pay slips / invoices
alxnefilm

Re: Hi there, I'm a new external transport manager and I have sent application for a new operator 2 weeks ago.

Post by alxnefilm »

alxnefilm wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:31 am Just say no vehicles. Say that you worked as a contractor driver (if that is what you did) and attach 1-2 pay slips / invoices
ok many thanks
trevalis

Post by trevalis »

Is your question about you and your business or is it about a business in which you represent as an external TM.
For example if you are applying for an Olicence for an operator that has never needed vehicles before has used vans or is otherwise Olicence exempt then you can state this, if they have used sub contractors then you'll have invoices to back this up.
Give me some info and I can give you better advice
anamaic

Post by anamaic »

trevalis wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:32 am Is your question about you and your business or is it about a business in which you represent as an external TM.
For example if you are applying for an Olicence for an operator that has never needed vehicles before has used vans or is otherwise Olicence exempt then you can state this, if they have used sub contractors then you'll have invoices to back this up.
it's about a business which I'm. A TM
trevalis

Post by trevalis »

anamaic wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:33 am
trevalis wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:32 am Is your question about you and your business or is it about a business in which you represent as an external TM.
How long have you been the TM? What were they doing to meet their transport needs since incorporated
anamaic

Post by anamaic »

trevalis wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:34 am
anamaic wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:33 am
How long have you been the TM? What were they doing to meet their transport needs since incorporated
pm you...

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”