just received our DOT and MC numbers and keep getting a ton of calls, please tell me if this is a scam or legitimate?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
asarosc

just received our DOT and MC numbers and keep getting a ton of calls, please tell me if this is a scam or legitimate?

Post by asarosc »

We have just received our DOT and MC numbers and keep getting a ton of calls from 800 numbers regarding drug testing and over 1,000 in fees. Can someone please tell me if this is a scam or legitimate?
toyaash

Re: just received our DOT and MC numbers and keep getting a ton of calls, please tell me if this is a scam or legitimate

Post by toyaash »

Good Afternoon Asarosc! Everything you need comes from FMCSA. I wouldn’t answer the calls. And if you do, ask them, “Are you calling me directly from FMCSA”. More than likely they will say no. Call FMCSA for everything. They are a lot of scams and there are also companies who will charge you for things you can do on your own. Hope this helps
grance

Re: just received our DOT and MC numbers and keep getting a ton of calls, please tell me if this is a scam or legitimate

Post by grance »

Hello. You will get those calls all day for the first week or two straight. Emails too. Some are scams and some are companies looking to get your business (factoring, dispatch, BOC, etc). Don't answer or respond to any emails. The email looks legit like it is coming from FMCSA. The calls will eventually stop but the emails are constant.
JameLog

Post by JameLog »

Ton of scams, u will get bombarded with calls
fitzer

Post by fitzer »

Ok thanks guys. I've already gotten 14 calls in the past 40 mins
darrylor

Post by darrylor »

All scams get a dummy number, call the he FMSCA and change your number on file for the first 45 days. Then switch to a Business line after that
Israelin

Post by Israelin »

If you are non CDL drug testing is not required
oscacy

Post by oscacy »

Their not all scams your business contact information becomes public so a lot of companies will cold call some are legit some are not

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”