Quick question, I have an IN10 (driving without insurance) will this IN10 cause me problems in obtaining a job? Cheers

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Kylesetr

Quick question, I have an IN10 (driving without insurance) will this IN10 cause me problems in obtaining a job? Cheers

Post by Kylesetr »

Hi Folks
Quick question, I have an IN10 ( driving without insurance ) And in September I have my practical class 1 lessons, will this IN10 cause me problems in obtaining a job? Cheers
Kylesetr

Re: Quick question, I have an IN10 (driving without insurance) will this IN10 cause me problems in obtaining a job? Chee

Post by Kylesetr »

Blakeno wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:34 am When did you get it
The offence was last year, thought I was insured but obviously wasn't! 🙄
Blakeno

Re: Quick question, I have an IN10 (driving without insurance) will this IN10 cause me problems in obtaining a job? Chee

Post by Blakeno »

Kylesetr wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:35 am
Blakeno wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:34 am When did you get it
The offence was last year, thought I was insured but obviously wasn't! 🙄
umm well I had a DR10 September 2011 I struggled for around 5 years to get 1 only lasts for 5 but stays on licence for 10 years
Adamou

Post by Adamou »

alot of places won't take anyone that's got a IN10 or DR as there insurance won't have it, best thing to do is tell them strait up as not to waste anyone's time, Good luck man 👍
Leesewo

Post by Leesewo »

should of stuck to football (sorry couldn’t resist).
It’s probably not as bad as a drink driving ban but it could cause you some problems especially with Class 1
Davezene

Post by Davezene »

I had a DR10 8 years ago and everywhere interview I went to they offered me the job 👍
Blakeno

Post by Blakeno »

Just be honest and upfront
darreha

Post by darreha »

Depends on the individual company’s Insurance, If they can, they might need to put you as a named driver, & it may put the excess up for you.
HadXan

Post by HadXan »

darreha wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:44 am Depends on the individual company’s Insurance, If they can, they might need to put you as a named driver, & it may put the excess up for you.
IN10 generally come with 6 points and £180 fine I had it happen to me when I first passed my car test then I had a clean licence for 1 month when I was pulled over driving a work van and turns out my bosses insurance didn’t cover me because I was 24 and 11 months and his insurance cover was for 25+ so I ended up with 6 point and another £180 fine 😂
Matteenb

Post by Matteenb »

Most company's won't and aren't able to touch you I'm afraid plus a lot can't take over 6points
Shazano

Post by Shazano »

You'll Definitely have some trouble
dazillo

Post by dazillo »

Look at companies like DHL, tescos etc as they are bonded so set their own rules
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

dazillo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:53 am Look at companies like DHL, tescos etc as they are bonded so set their own rules
tesco is no go with in, Dr or any disqualification
dazillo

Post by dazillo »

jamexxli wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:54 am
dazillo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:53 am Look at companies like DHL, tescos etc as they are bonded so set their own rules
OK maybe xpo/gxo?
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

dazillo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:54 am
jamexxli wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:54 am
OK maybe xpo/gxo?
I wouldn't know about them but I think most company's especially large ones don't allow it it normally states on job adverts
timlaut

Post by timlaut »

XPO snd GXO are both no go with an IN conviction
Walked

Post by Walked »

As long as you don't have over 6 point you sould be fine
Fergure

Post by Fergure »

It definitely won't make getting a job easier, that's for sure.
A lot of insurance companies ask if you've had a DR or IN 10 conviction in either the last 5 or 10 years.
You learn by your mistakes that's for sure.....I'm speaking from experience!
As said above, a lot of the big companies self insure so may be the best route for you.
Good luck.
Matteenb

Post by Matteenb »

Fergure wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:04 pm It definitely won't make getting a job easier, that's for sure.
A lot of insurance companies ask if you've had a DR or IN 10 conviction in either the last 5 or 10 years.
As said above, a lot of the big companies self insure so may be the best route for you.
Good luck.
How can they ask about the last 10 years if its not on your record any more? Even drinking and driving is gone after 5, and doesnt show up on your criminal record either, so if you were going to be honest, you might not even know the dates yourself.
Fergure

Post by Fergure »

Matteenb wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:05 pm
Fergure wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:04 pm It definitely won't make getting a job easier, that's for sure.
Good luck.
How can they ask about the last 10 years if its not on your record any more? Even drinking and driving is gone after 5, and doesnt show up on your criminal record either, so if you were going to be honest, you might not even know the dates yourself.
it's not on your driving license but it is on your driving history with DVLA.....
Depending on the insurance company, some ask if you've had any disqualification for IN10 or Drink Driving in the last 10 years......at least that was the case when I got a ban, quite a few years ago now when I was 18!
May have changed, havent had any points since!
Kylesetr

Post by Kylesetr »

Good luck.
I had 9 points but after 3 years three of those points expired, I have seen some posts on job sites stating no more than 6 points but nothing about driving codes, so not sure if they e accidentally left them out or that company don't mind conviction codes 🤔
Fergure

Post by Fergure »

Kylesetr wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:07 pm
Good luck.
I had 9 points but after 3 years three of those points expired, I have seen some posts on job sites stating no more than 6 points but nothing about driving codes, so not sure if they e accidentally left them out or that company don't mind conviction codes 🤔
in my experience, when you apply for the job, be honest with the company who is advertising the job, if you are offered a job, that's when they get in touch with their insurance company and you get to the bit where they ask any accidents in the last 3/5/10 years, any convictions or disqualification in the last 3/5/10 years.......depends on the company.
Good luck
Fesse02

Post by Fesse02 »

Somebody that I worked with got 6 points for this already had 3 still driving for company think you being new pass with points might find it hard for company's to give you a chance good luck
CCarlos

Post by CCarlos »

I employ a driver who has IN10 on his licence, it’s costs me a little more to insure him but nothing major.
Best of luck 👍🏻
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

Yes it will have a big impact on gaining employment as a driver most employers have a ban on in and dr conviction codes
Parink

Post by Parink »

Yes with a decent firm, no with one you don’t want to work for I’d guess….
rankines

Post by rankines »

Don't let anything hold you back pal! Go for it and go on agency Xmas rush will see you in jocky seat as long as you'll graft you'll get a job
Kerrist

Post by Kerrist »

I got a job no problem🤷🏼‍♂️IN10 plus 8 points,just be honest wherever you go mate good luck
LaveCar

Post by LaveCar »

Think it depends on the client, i recruit drivers and before placements send DVLA checks over and its down to there insurance etc some will some won't in my experience
OwenTools

Post by OwenTools »

Most won’t accept you with 6 or more points, and there’s a few that limit it at 3, so I’d say you’ll really struggle while the points are on your licence, but ultimately I don’t think the conviction will help even after the points are gone..
pringles

Post by pringles »

it can be done I had dr 10 driving whilst disqualified luckily find a firm who took me on but that was back in the eighties times have changed abit more strict these days but you will find a company good luck
Ricktair

Post by Ricktair »

Ring some local agency’s and ask them. But doubt they’ll take you on. In most cases it’s not the employer it’s the insurer and being a new pass will make it even harder
AnFreex

Post by AnFreex »

Most places infact i don't know of anywhere that will touch someone with a IN10 or DR for atleast 5 years
mikeride

Post by mikeride »

Yes lots say on application no more than 6 points and no serious conversation
chelfa

Post by chelfa »

Some places don’t mind. I had a IN10 with 6 points and had two HGV jobs they’re expired now but I still had them on my licence when I started the job I’m currently in.
clivers

Post by clivers »

Yes is the answer simple as that
Ellunce

Post by Ellunce »

I’m 23 with an IN10 and no agency is interested. I assume it would be different if you’re over 25
joybear

Post by joybear »

I have an in10 nd it limits the jobs nd plus some agencies won't touch ya
winker8

Post by winker8 »

You may need to start at bottom of ladder in a not so great job but keep on you will get there with employers more interested in what you have done driving wise
jay.low

Post by jay.low »

Our fleet insurance only stipulated we contact them if a driver has more than 6 points. No mention of DR or NI in our small print??
Although I would double check before I employed someone with these codes.
mikvod

Post by mikvod »

99% of places only care how many points u have I've only ever herd of someone not getting a job is if u have drink driving on ur license
knighthy

Post by knighthy »

A company in erith kent DA8 would love to give you a job as they got other drivers working there with 10 points on their licence
Tallentra

Post by Tallentra »

Tbf I’d of thought it would cause u big trouble. Not insuring your personal vehicle is totally your fault and responsibility to have done. Therefore there is nobody else to blame. So, I’m afraid a respectable employer would likely see this as a disregard for road laws and not wanna take risk on ya driving their vehicles.
If I was u, I’d let the conviction happen in sept, said a while and then try it all. Because right now and soon after conviction is when ya least likely I’d of thought.
Good luck with it all anyway, we all make mistakes or take risks.
lesterry

Post by lesterry »

I can only talk about my own circumstances, but I got a cd10. 1 month ban, motorcycle related, most good companies won’t touch you
Krishan

Post by Krishan »

Having an IN10 (driving without insurance) conviction on your record could potentially cause difficulties in obtaining a job that requires a clean driving record, especially in the transportation industry. However, the impact on your job prospects will depend on the specific employer, the job requirements, and the nature of the conviction.

For jobs in the transportation industry, employers often require drivers to have a clean driving record and may perform a background check on your driving history. Having an IN10 conviction on your record could raise concerns about your responsibility and reliability as a driver, which may make it more difficult to obtain certain driving-related jobs.
GBWhatsApp APK
However, if the job you're applying for doesn't require driving or if the employer places less emphasis on driving records, the IN10 conviction may have less of an impact on your job prospects.

It's important to be upfront and honest about your conviction when applying for jobs, as employers will likely conduct background checks to verify your driving record. Depending on the employer's policies and the nature of the job, they may be willing to overlook minor convictions or consider other factors such as your qualifications, experience, and character.

Overall, having an IN10 conviction on your record may limit your job prospects in certain industries, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be able to find employment. It's important to be honest about your conviction and to focus on building a strong resume and skillset to increase your chances of finding a job.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”