So instead of entering a 30min break I recorded 1min and got a wtd infringement. Should I be worried?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Clackil

So instead of entering a 30min break I recorded 1min and got a wtd infringement. Should I be worried?

Post by Clackil »

I’ve been given an infringement as messed up a manual entry when sharing driving with someone else, so instead of entering a 30min break I recorded 1min and got a wtd infringement. Should I be worried? Only 3rd week on the job 😬
meahower

Re: So instead of entering a 30min break I recorded 1min and got a wtd infringement. Should I be worried?

Post by meahower »

No will get a sheet to sign maybe a few words
Nitram

Re: So instead of entering a 30min break I recorded 1min and got a wtd infringement. Should I be worried?

Post by Nitram »

I wouldn't worry about it too much, we all screw up occasionally
Greentz

Post by Greentz »

I wouldn't worry, I think I got a daily wtd infringement for the 1st 2 weeks when I started for not enough break 😅
Yewis

Post by Yewis »

Do a print out.. write on it and keep it with you for 30 days. Do a second printout and hand to your transport manager. Easily done.. last manual entry I screwed up said I was on order work instead of break on my rest period.. was a long shift. 🤪
Grantie

Post by Grantie »

Yewis wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:46 pm Do a print out.. write on it and keep it with you for 30 days. Do a second printout and hand to your transport manager. Easily done.. last manual entry I screwed up said I was on order work instead of break on my rest period.. was a long shift. 🤪
I did that and had my tacho flashing at me all week 😭
Teasso

Post by Teasso »

Not to worry there’s plenty more of them in the life of a trucker my friend 🤩🙏👍
Bainsur

Post by Bainsur »

You be alright mate, your TM will probably get you to sign a bit of paper to say you are aware and acknowledged the infringement that’s about it matey.
bradUp

Post by bradUp »

Nah... Infringements happen. At worst your boss will have you sign for it.
Scorion

Post by Scorion »

If a mistake on your part caused the infringement it's not technically an infringement... Do a printout for yourself and the office and explain on the back 👍
pawsonal

Post by pawsonal »

Just sign for it and you'll forget about in a few days. As long as you understand what went wrong don't worry about it
loutech

Post by loutech »

Narrrrr
My monthly infringements read like the Koran 😇
Russeir

Post by Russeir »

Go to them and tell them, don’t make them come to you especially if you’re on an agency because some threaten to stop you working for a week or so
AshNot

Post by AshNot »

If you were sharing the driving why didn't you have your card in slot 2?
westyee

Post by westyee »

AshNot wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:04 pm If you were sharing the driving why didn't you have your card in slot 2?
Because he was the driver 😁
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

westyee wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:05 pm
AshNot wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:04 pm If you were sharing the driving why didn't you have your card in slot 2?
if he was the driver his card would be in slot 1
AshNot

Post by AshNot »

jamexxli wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:06 pm
westyee wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:05 pm
if he was the driver his card would be in slot 1
but he wasn't was he... he was sharing driving then entering a manual entry for break.... so he would have put his card in at that point...
will_see

Post by will_see »

If he was training he doesn't need his card in.
AshNot

Post by AshNot »

will_see wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:08 pm
If he was training he doesn't need his card in.
I mean you didn't even read the post so shhhh 🤣
howartel

Post by howartel »

I did it in my first week. Ended up doing a manual entry of other work all night. Print it out. Complete the back of the printout and note what you did. Take it to the TM and explain what you did. They will be fine.
jacobis

Post by jacobis »

Be ok driver common mistake even for the great and mighty
Grantie

Post by Grantie »

2 print outs, 1 for you one for the office. If you write incorrect manual entry and write the times you had your break upto be fine. Everyone does it 🤣
ChRaw

Post by ChRaw »

On my 1st day after passing test i left my card in for weekend...gave me all sorts of infringements...just print, write explanation and forget about it
Jayillo

Post by Jayillo »

Were you multi manning?
Antonix

Post by Antonix »

No one worries bout wtd
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

When sharing driving (double manning) the drivers card goes in slot 1 the 2nd driver (the passenger) must insert there card into slot 2. It is very important you do this as there is different regulations
If you followed this process you wouldn't have needed to do a manual entry
Incorrect manual entries happen do be concerned by it do a printout and state Incorrect manual entry
Wilkindu

Post by Wilkindu »

jamexxli wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:17 pm When sharing driving (double manning) the drivers card goes in slot 1 the 2nd driver (the passenger) must insert there card into slot 2. It is very important you do this as there is different regulations
Incorrect manual entries happen do be concerned by it do a printout and state Incorrect manual entry
you have to put the second man in slot 2 first as we found out this week, me and my driver both got infringements for not taking wtd breaks! Like 3-4 hours over! But our boss sorted it out
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

Wilkindu wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:19 pm
jamexxli wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:17 pm When sharing driving (double manning) the drivers card goes in slot 1 the 2nd driver (the passenger) must insert there card into slot 2. It is very important you do this as there is different regulations
you have to put the second man in slot 2 first as we found out this week, me and my driver both got infringements for not taking wtd breaks! Like 3-4 hours over! But our boss sorted it out
yes I know how it works 🤣
Wilkindu

Post by Wilkindu »

jamexxli wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:20 pm
I didn’t!
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

Wilkindu wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:22 pm
jamexxli wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:20 pm

I didn’t!
both drivers must enter the cards within 1 hour of the first driver starting there shift

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”