Anyone here on nights? What is your routine during the day time? Do you manage to fit fitness in?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
carleenw

Anyone here on nights? What is your routine during the day time? Do you manage to fit fitness in?

Post by carleenw »

I’m struggling to sleep. Not getting more than 4 hrs. a day at the min 😩 I also went for a run this morning after my shift, bad idea! I Had to stop after two mile in, felt like I was going to throw up, I also felt dizzy and light headed. 🤢 Lol
Do you get used to it? Do you start feeling better and not constantly feel spaced out all day lol.
I can’t see it being good for your health doing night as a permanent job. I take my hat off to all you night workers! I can’t see me doing this long term.
sarahan

Re: Anyone here on nights? What is your routine during the day time? Do you manage to fit fitness in?

Post by sarahan »

Blackout curtains and blinds definitely! Get your sleeping routine sorted first or you'll be too knackered to drive 😴
adyloom

Re: Anyone here on nights? What is your routine during the day time? Do you manage to fit fitness in?

Post by adyloom »

Yep me, just got in now, I watch TV for a bit, get up about 1pm, go to my garage and get on the spanners until 5pm ish, home, tea, back out at 7pm 🤣🤣 not into fitness stuff as such, only when I'm on the long bar trying to undo stuff 🤣🤣👍💪
mandyne

Post by mandyne »

I'm on nights and I'm still finding my feet kind of I normally go straight to bed ..I have tried a few different ways of sleeping like broken sleep, but that just keeps me tired, so now I go to bed wen I get in and get up around 3pm its working for me but I dnt get much time for any thing esp. fitness 🤷
joenics

Post by joenics »

I've been doing nights for about 2 months now and it suits me perfectly so far, but everyone's gonna be different in that respect. Fair play getting in some fitness in your time, that's something I probably should be doing 😅 make sure you keep your vitamin d up because your not getting it from the sun like you would normally, that will help balance you out a bit
irwinco

Post by irwinco »

I'll be home at about 0730 to 0800 you do gestured to it takes abit of time I manage to get 8 hours in normally wake up about 1500 fitness is out the window for me doing 12 hour nights unless I'm on the early drive where I can get back at about 0400 could go to the gym I don't but I could along as I'm in bed by 0800 I'm good then
rooneyej

Post by rooneyej »

I do nights 4 on 4 off. 22:30 - 08:30 Have main meal before I start shift 18:30-19:00. Have a lunch at work around 00:00, some
Fruit, get home have porridge, do 30-40 minutes of calisthenics full body weight work out. First night off of my last shift I’ll stay awake all day do my day to day things, go bed about 22:00 23:00 body clocks reset for my days off last night off I’ll stay up until the following morning like I’m back on my night shift work out in morning then bed body clock set back to nights rinse repeat been doing it for 12 years now
burnske

Post by burnske »

I do nights and workout around what shifts I'm on. Shorter shifts 8/9hours I'll go to a 24/7 gym after work around 2/3am on these longer shifts 12/13hours I'll try and run more (before work). I try and do a 5km which doesn't take me long but how it affects you and what you can do is specific to you and your past fitness level. Try not to compare yourself to anyone else fitness wise and go on how you feel/what you feel you can do without it making you feel ill or impacting work. Good luck with it
holderry

Post by holderry »

Definitely think getting your sleep pattern in order first is the way forward. Don't worry about anything else until you can sleep properly. I've been on nights for the last 16 years. Think I'd struggle on a day shift now.
darrelux

Post by darrelux »

I personally had a blackout blind and Noise cancelling headphones which worked to an extent. My colleague dud nights for 35 years so you can fully adjust. Much easier if you live alone, if not alone definitely doesn't help if have children in the house especially in the school holidays.
oispuulz

Post by oispuulz »

I finish around 2AM and used to go to gym after. Was lovely, almost empty. Get home and shower, wait for my partner to finish work 6am. Go to sleep 8AM.
Before getting my license I used to do 20:30 - 04:45
Been working nights since 2011.
Worst shift I've done is 6AM start.
Love nights
I guess each to their own
keview

Post by keview »

When I was in a day job I used to only need about 4.5 hours sleep
Swapping onto nights is slightly different because of your bodies natural biorhythm, I start my shift at 7pm and finish anywhere between 2am and 6am I then go straight to sleep and get up at 8.15am no matter what my finish time is I find starting at the same time helps to regulate me, if I’m a bit tired in the day I have a power nap or on my breaks I have a 15 min nap to give a quick recharge.
Yesterday’s Fitbit
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 447 times
nisbexx

Post by nisbexx »

Tramping for 6 years on nights, trunking for 7 before that.......sleep as much as you can during the day, if your tired during the night stop, walk round the truck a few times, snag a 30 minutes sleep and have a cuppa!!
Audio books help ( me ) and talking to folk as well !!
jamexxli

Post by jamexxli »

You should try to get to sleep when you finish and do your exercise when you wake up
Exercise raises your blood pressure and adrenaline and prevents you from sleep
rayndor

Post by rayndor »

Stopped after 2 mile? Well done you. I wouldn't get that far
carleenw

Post by carleenw »

Yep fist off I think some black out curtains and ear plugs to block out the kids playing outside! Lol. Cheers for your input guys 😎👍🏾 just finished, so drive home am bed for me.
garider

Post by garider »

I only get around 4-5 hours kip aswel iv just had to get used to it, 2000-0800 then home out with the dogs for 2 hours, in bed normally for 11am then up at 4pm ish walk the dogs, house work, food, shower then work again mon-fri
garider

Post by garider »

And like others have said blackout blinds and curtains and ear plugs are a must.
ederva

Post by ederva »

Doesn't matter night or days if your doing 13hr/15hr shifts your going to struggle to fit the gym in unless your single with no kids at home, I have found If you doing nights you can go to a pure gym after as they are 24h, unfortunately trucking steals the majority of your life for OK money and that the truth of it all.
adaison

Post by adaison »

Blackout curtains & noise canceling head phone really help when I am on nights. As for the gym it's hard to fit it in & I found it was easier to do it before I started my shift
bairstowsays

Post by bairstowsays »

Looking for a way to treat your VIPs when they get off the plane? Do you want to guarantee a luxury chauffeured car service trip from every point of view? In that case, you should start by hiring car services at the airport.
This can help ensure that you, your customers, and your team get the best service. Don't leave the experience to chance with a ridesharing app. Ask for a luxury Golden bird limousines service or a private car to pick them up.
Below is an in-depth guide to airport car service chauffeured they are an essential part of the planning process.
How do airport car services work?
You want to know what you're getting into, don't you? Most airport transfer options lack something to be desired. They take too long, you're forced to trust a stranger with minimal background checks, etc.
Fortunately, you can rent luxury chauffeured car service at the GPA in advance. They can ensure you and all your VIPs have an unforgettable experience. But how do they work?
First, find a reliable airport car service to contact. Don't worry, we'll cover what to look for in a car service below!
Once you find one you can trust, you will need to let them know which airport you need them to arrange for drop off/pickup. At AllStar VIP, we can arrange trips to Detroit Airport such as:
Airport Transfers
Offered At Short Notice
Wedding Parties
Can Be Easily Arranged
Business Meetings
You Will Arrive On Time
After that, simply request a quote on our website and provide us with your name, email and phone number for contact information. We will receive all your travel details, such as vehicle preference, type of trip, departure date and time, embarkation/disembarkation city and much more.
Once we have this information, we can offer competitive package options and features to ensure you have the best trip possible.

What to look for in airport car services
You deserve only the best! If you plan to book chauffeured car service service, you want to hire a service that is up to the task. someone who will treat their VIPs as they deserve to be treated.
First, you should start by looking for an airport car service with a positive reputation. You can do this by reading reviews online or asking for customer references to the service. Anyway, here are some questions you can ask yourself to better understand the quality of your service:
Were customers satisfied with the level of service they received?
Has the customer received positive feedback from your VIPs about airport car services?
Did the service arrive early to be picked up?
Did the driver offer a punctual ride?
What condition was the car/limousin in when they arrived?
How did the driver and/or service go further?
Would the customer recommend this airport car service to others?
Having the answers to these questions will give you more confidence in your purchase decision.
The Benefits of Airport Car Services
Now that you’ve seen how car airport services work and what to look for, let’s take a deeper dive into the perks. Here are some of the biggest benefits.
1. Safety
We've all heard the scary stories of hitchhiking. Sure, they're rare, but you can't take any chances when planning a trip for your VIPs.
Airport luxury car services offer the highest security of any delivery or pickup service. Drivers go through a thorough background check process to ensure all passengers are as safe as possible.
Our chauffeured car service undergo intensive training with frequent checks. We monitor feedback from all our customers to ensure our drivers are world class. Your VIPs will enjoy world-class service from Detroit's finest drivers.
2. Incredible First Impressions
Most business owners don't think about the impact a visit can have on their brand. If you force your customers to book their own pickup and drop off, you can hurt their trip.
Put yourself in their shoes; they land in a city they don't know and have a terrible experience with the carpool they requested. What mood do you think they'll be in when they arrive at your office?
Take the initiative to book Detroit airport limo service. This will keep your VIPs happy and entertained until the moment they arrive.
3. Great Use of Time
Whether you're leaving or arriving from the airport, you probably have business you want to take care of before or after your plane trip. If you drive alone, this activity is reduced to a few phone calls.
With airport car services, you can get to work while someone else takes you there. Our drivers provide a smooth ride, making it easy for you to take your laptop, phone, etc. to do certain things.
We make a living serving corporate clients, so we know how to treat professionals with the respect and service you deserve.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”