Now to find an employer willing to fund my CE training 🤞

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
karinal

Post by karinal »

I sent my license off (currently cat B only) to update my photo, change of address and add all cat C & D Provisionals. Posted only last Tuesday and I have just received it back today 🤩 after seeing some posts about still waiting 4 months later, I was expecting to wait months!!

I'm in Cardigan area in West Wales if anyone knows of any employers? Thank you 😀
Ianwre

Re: Now to find an employer willing to fund my CE training 🤞

Post by Ianwre »

Did you send medical d4 in too, have they done it all as normally it’s one thing at a time
karinal

Post by karinal »

Ianwre wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:07 am Did you send medical d4 in too, have they done it all as normally it’s one thing at a time
yeah sent D4 too. Was just expecting it to take at least 8 weeks.
stepiqua

Post by stepiqua »

If you go on the government website there's a scheme called government bootcamp where you can apply to go and do your hgv/lgv and they government will pay for it, just google government hgv bootcamp and it should take you straight to it. The government has done this because of the national shortage of lorry drivers
karinal

Post by karinal »

stepiqua wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:10 am If you go on the government website there's a scheme called government bootcamp where you can apply to go and do your hgv/lgv and they government will pay for it, just google government hgv bootcamp and it should take you straight to it. The government has done this because of the national shortage of lorry drivers
thank you. I'll go search now 🤩
neveure

Post by neveure »

Try searching personal learning account(PLA) in wales and find HGV courses on there fully funded. This is how I am doing mine at the moment, if that helps
karinal

Post by karinal »

neveure wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 am Try searching personal learning account(PLA) in wales and find HGV courses on there fully funded. This is how I am doing mine at the moment, if that helps
thank you. Just contacted them 😁
neveure

Post by neveure »

karinal wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 am
neveure wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:16 am Try searching personal learning account(PLA) in wales and find HGV courses on there fully funded. This is how I am doing mine at the moment, if that helps
thank you. Just contacted them 😁
Your welcome, best of luck!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”