I am looking for an insurance company to provide me with professional indemnity cover as an ETM.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
brifox

I am looking for an insurance company to provide me with professional indemnity cover as an ETM.

Post by brifox »

I am looking for an insurance company to provide me with professional indemnity cover as an ETM. I have spoken to Hiscox and simply business who people have recommend but both told me they do not have a policy to cover ETM's
Does anyone have a company they use and would recommend?
Hartcu

Re: I am looking for an insurance company to provide me with professional indemnity cover as an ETM.

Post by Hartcu »

Blackfriars insurance, speak to Alexandra
adamic

Re: I am looking for an insurance company to provide me with professional indemnity cover as an ETM.

Post by adamic »

They do as I have one with them
brifox

Post by brifox »

adamic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:35 am They do as I have one with them
They said they could offer it only as a Transport consultant but in the T&C small print its clear this would not cover you as an ETM. Both took the time to check and call me back and said the same thing
riopenix

Post by riopenix »

if your are an ETM you should be paid PAYE by the company you work for and therefore not need Insurance. OTC now demands that ETM's are employees of the company they work for same as an internal TM
Chrisol18

Post by Chrisol18 »

riopenix wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:38 am if your are an ETM you should be paid PAYE by the company you work for and therefore not need Insurance. OTC now demands that ETM's are employees of the company they work for same as an internal TM
when did this come in? What is your source of information?
adamic

Post by adamic »

riopenix wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:38 am if your are an ETM you should be paid PAYE by the company you work for and therefore not need Insurance. OTC now demands that ETM's are employees of the company they work for same as an internal TM
I think you have that wrong Riopenix. ETMs do not have to be PAYE as most times they work for more than one company.
riopenix

Post by riopenix »

Chrisol18 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 am
when did this come in? What is your source of information?
A PI. I wouldn't waste my time bullshitting you if it wasn't true. It's a similar situation to the driver issue being a limited company scenario
riopenix

Post by riopenix »

adamic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:40 am
I think you have that wrong Riopenix. ETMs do not have to be PAYE as most times they work for more than one company.
Hi. I'm not wrong I have it from personal experience chap. Give me a call if you would like me to explain it to you.
adamic

Post by adamic »

riopenix wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:41 am
adamic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:40 am
Hi. I'm not wrong I have it from personal experience chap. Give me a call if you would like me to explain it to you.
will do
Robinwo

Post by Robinwo »

adamic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:35 am They do as I have one with them
me too
PaMoi

Post by PaMoi »

Just had a quick look seems very polished
brifox

Post by brifox »

PaMoi wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:45 am Just had a quick look seems very polished
ive just spoken to these they seem 👍
PaMoi

Post by PaMoi »

brifox wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:46 am
good luck what prices are they quoting
brifox

Post by brifox »

PaMoi wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:46 am
Hensure are offering £239 for £5m cover which I thought was ok, Blackfriars said they could not give £1m cover for that price
PaMoi

Post by PaMoi »

brifox wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:47 am
PaMoi wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:46 am

Hensure are offering £239 for £5m cover which I thought was ok, Blackfriars said they could not give £1m cover for that price
sounds reasonable

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”