Hello, I am currently working on a project that concerns truck drivers. Please answer the 3 questions.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
ikanomx

Hello, I am currently working on a project that concerns truck drivers. Please answer the 3 questions.

Post by ikanomx »

Hello, I am currently working on a project that concerns truck drivers and the impact of automation on your job 🙂. I would like to get your opinions regarding this so that could help me to understand the challenges that this implies for you, particularly in your work but for the future of it. Could you please answer the 3 questions below 🙏:
Do you think automation will lead to job loss or will redefine the role of the driver?
Will you think about re-upskilling to adapt to the new automation tool?
If yes, what type of training would you like to do?
Thanks in advance.
aitchie

Re: Hello, I am currently working on a project that concerns truck drivers. Please answer the 3 questions.

Post by aitchie »

What sort of automation do you think is going to replace a driver?
ikanomx

Re: Hello, I am currently working on a project that concerns truck drivers. Please answer the 3 questions.

Post by ikanomx »

aitchie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 am What sort of automation do you think is going to replace a driver?
For example self-driving, robo-dispatching, etc. and I am wondering if you think that will replace the truck driver job or redefine the role?
aitchie

Post by aitchie »

ikanomx wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 am
aitchie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 am What sort of automation do you think is going to replace a driver?
For example self-driving, robo-dispatching, etc. and I am wondering if you think that will replace the truck driver job or redefine the role?
self driving? Great in a motorway. What happens when the truck needs reversing around the back of a small warehouse on to a bay? Or, as in my job, into a farmers field to load maize? Automation is pie in the sky. Self steering on a motorway possibly in our lifetime, nothing more.
Robo-despatch? Nothing to do with the driver
ikanomx

Post by ikanomx »

aitchie wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:36 am
ikanomx wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 am
self driving? Great in a motorway. What happens when the truck needs reversing around the back of a small warehouse on to a bay? Or, as in my job, into a farmers field to load maize? Automation is pie in the sky. Self steering on a motorway possibly in our lifetime, nothing more.
Robo-despatch? Nothing to do with the driver
thanks for this information

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”