Afternoon everyone. I’m looking to go for my cat C+E license does anyone know roughly how much it costs.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Alfieve

Afternoon everyone. I’m looking to go for my cat C+E license does anyone know roughly how much it costs.

Post by Alfieve »

Afternoon everyone
I am 18 years old and have a passion for lorries as I grew up around them with my dad
I’m looking to go for my cat C+E license does anyone know roughly how much it costs
Much appreciated 🙂
Savaugar

Re: Afternoon everyone. I’m looking to go for my cat C+E license does anyone know roughly how much it costs.

Post by Savaugar »

£3.5k roughly for everything
Halpell

Re: Afternoon everyone. I’m looking to go for my cat C+E license does anyone know roughly how much it costs.

Post by Halpell »

Looking at 3k if pass everything first time, cost me about 5k like
Lloyden

Post by Lloyden »

£2.5k for me so far. Unfortunately I failed my test. So got to hand over another grand.
Rykful

Post by Rykful »

Lloyden wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:24 pm £2.5k for me so far. Unfortunately I failed my test. So got to hand over another grand.
why 1k? Surely just a retest
Lloyden

Post by Lloyden »

Rykful wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:26 pm
Lloyden wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:24 pm £2.5k for me so far. Unfortunately I failed my test. So got to hand over another grand.
cuz I’m having extra lessons. I could of just done the reset but didn’t feel confident
Rykful

Post by Rykful »

Lloyden wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:27 pm
cuz I’m having extra lessons. I could of just done the reset but didn’t feel confident
ahh understandable then, everyone's different, best of luck with it mate! I failed first time passed the second 🙌
Lloyden

Post by Lloyden »

Rykful wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:27 pm

ahh understandable then, everyone's different, best of luck with it mate! I failed first time passed the second 🙌
yeah, my instructor doesn’t think I need them. But the fact I hit the curb 4 rounder bouts in row aha says something. Cheers Matey, hopefully it’s second time lucky for me
Rykful

Post by Rykful »

Lloyden wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:28 pm

yeah, my instructor doesn’t think I need them. But the fact I hit the curb 4 rounder bouts in row aha says something. Cheers Matey, hopefully it’s second time lucky for me
that's what got me was touching a kerb aswell 😅 just take all the room you have and put your drivers side right out to the line and you'll get it lad!
Lloyden

Post by Lloyden »

Rykful wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:28 pm
Lloyden wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:28 pm

that's what got me was touching a kerb aswell 😅 just take all the room you have and put your drivers side right out to the line and you'll get it lad!
it’s one of them things. Had a lesson before hand and my driving was perfect aha.
Wameds

Post by Wameds »

Cost me just under 2k all in but all depends who you go with and what the training is like some do 1-1 some do 2-1
Lugpin

Post by Lugpin »

Ask a local training school mate to get an accurate figure , they'll take you through it all, since you are only 18 you might struggle to get work though because of insurance and you will get no return on the outlay , I could be wrong but a lot of ads give an age stipulation and that reason , have words with a decent driving school and ring a few haulage companies up see what they say, in the meantime do a bit of van work and get some real road experience, good luck 👍
Alfieve

Post by Alfieve »

Lugpin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:36 pm Ask a local training school mate to get an accurate figure , they'll take you through it all, since you are only 18 you might struggle to get work though because of insurance and you will get no return on the outlay , I could be wrong but a lot of ads give an age stipulation and that reason , have words with a decent driving school and ring a few haulage companies up see what they say, in the meantime do a bit of van work and get some real road experience, good luck 👍
cheers mate 🙏🏼
Vecna

Post by Vecna »

2,700 lgv training school, i needed 2 extra hours so. 140 pounds, and failed on road driving, so redoing cost 400pounds.
Darsal

Post by Darsal »

get it for free with logistics uk 👍
Enzoty

Post by Enzoty »

About 3k start to finish providing you pass all tests first time
Closti

Post by Closti »

I’ve just paid £1750
Foquant

Post by Foquant »

I went from car to artic in 4 days £2000
aitchie

Post by aitchie »

1400 for my class 1 but had class 2 already.
downsifex

Post by downsifex »

£2500 -£3000ish for licences, theories, medical, tests, CPC and Tacho if you pass everything first time. There are lots of companies willing to charge £4k+ to hold your hand through the paperwork.
Oxstir

Post by Oxstir »

£1600 #wetherby training yorkshire
Saridor

Post by Saridor »

Look at company’s like Gregory’s for apprenticeship
Jantix

Post by Jantix »

It costs you your sanity, your social life and your health in many cases. Steer clear and get a better job.
clauxion

Post by clauxion »

Is it really worth paying out that much?
clauxion

Post by clauxion »

Probably don't bother mate, go and learn a trade, i thought id love the industry because I used to go with my dad but its not what you think. Did 2 hours plastering and earnt 200 pound mate, just think about it first
Pawin

Post by Pawin »

Good luck I'm in the middle of getting my c+e aswell

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”