Hi what's your opinions on taking a vehicle in for a PMI a week early.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
harjellie

Hi what's your opinions on taking a vehicle in for a PMI a week early.

Post by harjellie »

Hi what's your opinions on taking a vehicle in for a PMI a week early. The vehicle is due for a PMI next week but the vehicle isn't working tomorrow and was debating taking it in tomorrow?
stanbp

Re: Hi what's your opinions on taking a vehicle in for a PMI a week early.

Post by stanbp »

Nothing to stop you taking it early, but all future PMI’s will be a week earlier too
harjellie

Post by harjellie »

stanbp wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:25 am Nothing to stop you taking it early, but all future PMI’s will be a week earlier too
after this PMI I will continue the rest of the planned schedule as normal. Just makes sense taking it in tomorrow
stanbp

Post by stanbp »

harjellie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 am
stanbp wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:25 am Nothing to stop you taking it early, but all future PMI’s will be a week earlier too
after this PMI I will continue the rest of the planned schedule as normal. Just makes sense taking it in tomorrow
No, to stay within the terms you set out when applying for your licence, it’s a maximum of 6 weeks between PMI’s, not the odd 7 weeks because you took it in early last time
harjellie

Post by harjellie »

stanbp wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 am
harjellie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:26 am
No, to stay within the terms you set out when applying for your licence, it’s a maximum of 6 weeks between PMI’s, not the odd 7 weeks because you took it in early last time
it is always 6 weeks between PMI's but this one will be 5 weeks and then back to the already planned/schedule.
BellTagz

Post by BellTagz »

I agree with stanbp here if you bring it forward all future PMI’s need to be brought forward.
But I have heard people say you can “put a note on file and do at 7 weeks” but it’s not something I would do through choice
stanbp

Post by stanbp »

BellTagz wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:27 am I agree with stanbp here if you bring it forward all future PMI’s need to be brought forward.
But I have heard people say you can “put a note on file and do at 7 weeks” but it’s not something I would do through choice
that is an option, but I know mine is every 8 weeks, however it usually goes every 6 but it gives me a little wiggle room through harvest if needed.
Waylz

Post by Waylz »

If its in early you need to adjust your future PMIs to stay within your agreed schedule
Empaxiz

Post by Empaxiz »

Absolutely fine just adjust your future dates simple
Why do so many people want to make it sound harder then it is

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”