We have a free lance mot tester around here, are we allowed to use him in our garage to do our mot?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
kevipop

We have a free lance mot tester around here, are we allowed to use him in our garage to do our mot?

Post by kevipop »

We have a free lance mot tester around here, who we can hire to come into our garage to do mot’ he is qualified to test our class of vehicle (class 5) are we allowed to use him in our garage to do our mot? Or does it have to be a DVSA guy?
adyscan

Re: We have a free lance mot tester around here, are we allowed to use him in our garage to do our mot?

Post by adyscan »

I thought that MOT had to be done at an approved centre
irvinol

Re: We have a free lance mot tester around here, are we allowed to use him in our garage to do our mot?

Post by irvinol »

adyscan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:34 pm I thought that MOT had to be done at an approved centre
I also thought Goods/PSV tests were only carried out by DVSA staff?
adyscan

Post by adyscan »

irvinol wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:34 pm
adyscan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:34 pm I thought that MOT had to be done at an approved centre
yes, at a DVSA site or Authorized Test Lane
yes it’s an approved MOT centre
kevipop

Post by kevipop »

adyscan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:35 pm
irvinol wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:34 pm
yes, at a DVSA site or Authorized Test Lane
Deeopia

Post by Deeopia »

Is your garage a MOT centre & got the MOT approval for that vehicle class?
kevipop

Post by kevipop »

Deeopia wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:36 pm Is your garage a MOT centre & got the MOT approval for that vehicle class?
it has class yes
wildnemi

Post by wildnemi »

You can have a freelance tester. Your site manager will need to add the tester. The tester will then log in and acknowledge the nomination. The tester will also need to be removed if they don't test for more than a couple of weeks. The site manager also needs to be aware of training records and carry out required QC checks.

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”