Hey Guys.. Quick question. I have an issue with mechanic who been doing the inspections on our HGV's previously

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
tommic

Hey Guys.. Quick question. I have an issue with mechanic who been doing the inspections on our HGV's previously

Post by tommic »

Hey Guys.. Quick question. I have an issue with mechanic who been doing the inspections on our HGV's previously had all inspection on a online system where we could see all the inspection, but now the system is down and we have asked him to provide all inspections for last 15 months paper copy he has refused to do this and avoiding answering phones. We've moved to a new mechanic but now we are missing our inspections. What we can do now..
peomer

Re: Hey Guys.. Quick question. I have an issue with mechanic who been doing the inspections on our HGV's previously

Post by peomer »

Precisely why these online systems are no good.
Pipeer

Re: Hey Guys.. Quick question. I have an issue with mechanic who been doing the inspections on our HGV's previously

Post by Pipeer »

Some of the TC's I am lead to believe are black listing some PMI Garages, ie if you want them on your licence TC may say they are not prepared to grant the licence until you find a different Pmi Garage.
So maybe if you threaten to report them to the OTC they may change their mind - however in the meantime I suggest you write to the TC and tell him what has happened, detailing exactly when the garage had the vehicles for PMI.
taames

Post by taames »

As much as it isn’t very eco friendly. I keep paper records as well as electronic for this very issue.
Rulenn

Post by Rulenn »

taames wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:34 pm As much as it isn’t very eco friendly. I keep paper records as well as electronic for this very issue.
same
wiinolia

Post by wiinolia »

taames wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:34 pm As much as it isn’t very eco friendly. I keep paper records as well as electronic for this very issue.
you don’t need to do this if you download a pdf copy and store it on your cloud or local computer.
nausellen

Post by nausellen »

Never reliable having these apps!
lungchu

Post by lungchu »

Why not go in person? They can ignore phone calls but can't shut the garage. Why didn't you keep an electronic copy in your system in the first place? How about file a data request which is answerable by law?
Clwyden

Post by Clwyden »

I know it doesn’t help now but I use something similar but I still download and save all the reports in pdf. Online systems are great but still need to build an offline record
Annylon

Post by Annylon »

You may not like this answer however it is the responsibility of the TM and/or licence holder to keep all records secure and accessible when required. All electric documents must be backed up on a regular basis. If you’re having an audit or been requested to provide documents by the TC , the fact the online system is down will not simply be accepted
kalandz

Post by kalandz »

Who ran the system have you spoken to them. He my of not of paid his bill and that’s why you don’t have access to it.
stepparg

Post by stepparg »

I use R2c always email customer , always back up paper copy and file it should they need it, more to the point I can access any PMI on line at anytime should the customer want it , I also give them there own log in so they can access , surely the garage your using should do this ?
cravian

Post by cravian »

I take it they wanted paying for that service.
dronix

Post by dronix »

as we discussed yesterday.
snowne

Post by snowne »

I would have downloaded copies onto my computer at time after each inspection.
mitcheer

Post by mitcheer »

snowne wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:45 pm I would have downloaded copies onto my computer at time after each inspection.
this is my policy. As even though you don't have to have paper copies for a DVSA audit, they will require you have them on a local or cloud drive which is yours. That's as I understand it, anyway.
Torynx

Post by Torynx »

Mechanics version might be interesting?
Jhowerx

Post by Jhowerx »

Torynx wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:46 pm Mechanics version might be interesting?
2 sides to every story!!
Juetter

Post by Juetter »

They should have been downloaded and printed off as a hard copy back up, Send DVSA his details and ask them to request them..

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”