PMI brake tests. I'm looking at a service provider with excellent feedback but his RBT doesn't do print outs,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Aarome

PMI brake tests. I'm looking at a service provider with excellent feedback but his RBT doesn't do print outs,

Post by Aarome »

PMI brake tests. I'm looking at a service provider with excellent feedback but his RBT doesn't do print outs, they have to be hand written. Acceptable or not?
dallanus

Re: PMI brake tests. I'm looking at a service provider with excellent feedback but his RBT doesn't do print outs,

Post by dallanus »

Be very careful! Make sure all information is filled in properly. I'd go for a print out if you can get one.
wynnez

Re: PMI brake tests. I'm looking at a service provider with excellent feedback but his RBT doesn't do print outs,

Post by wynnez »

Yeh I wouldn't be trusting that at all. GTMR says a printout should be attached, so not sure how hand written would hold up.
Spitten

Post by Spitten »

We have two sets of RBT. The older original one we have to handwrite from the display into boxes on the pmi form.. we rarely use it now as the newer one is on the same lane as the pit so it's easier to do in one go, the new one does a print which we attach. We haven't ever had any problem either way but I would at least investigate how their process works first. Also I would make sure they are calibrated and that someone analyses the results otherwise its a bit pointless.
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

wynnez wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:13 pm Yeh I wouldn't be trusting that at all. GTMR says a printout should be attached, so not sure how hand written would hold up.
GtMR also says if a printout can’t be made, it needs to be written by the inspector on the form, so no problem from that perspective.

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”