Good afternoon I’m after some help if someone can direct me in the right way. I’m after putting a employee through

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jayorzo

Good afternoon I’m after some help if someone can direct me in the right way. I’m after putting a employee through

Post by Jayorzo »

Good afternoon I’m after some help if someone can direct me in the right way. I’m after putting a employee through there class 2 however he passed his theory and hazard in 2015 along with his 7.5 tonne as he doesn’t have grandfather rights so does that mean he can go straight for the driving lessons and test for class 2 or does he have to reset the theory’s ? Also as a up to date cpc thanks in advance
horlage

Re: Good afternoon I’m after some help if someone can direct me in the right way. I’m after putting a employee through

Post by horlage »

He would have done medical, theory & hazard perception for his c1 licence (7.5 tonne). So won’t need to go through that again now. Just get him to do an online check but he should already have provisional entitlement for class 2.
Jayorzo

Re: Good afternoon I’m after some help if someone can direct me in the right way. I’m after putting a employee through

Post by Jayorzo »

horlage wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 pm He would have done medical, theory & hazard perception for his c1 licence (7.5 tonne). So won’t need to go through that again now. Just get him to do an online check but he should already have provisional entitlement for class 2.
yes mate we’ve done that n has the provisional entitlement so fingers crossed it’s just his lessons and test isn’t it ? Thanks for your response
horlage

Post by horlage »

Jayorzo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 pm
horlage wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 pm He would have done medical, theory & hazard perception for his c1 licence (7.5 tonne). So won’t need to go through that again now. Just get him to do an online check but he should already have provisional entitlement for class 2.
yes mate we’ve done that n has the provisional entitlement so fingers crossed it’s just his lessons and test isn’t it ? Thanks for your response
that’s all he needs. C1, C & C+E all come under the same theory & HP. So you just need to pass it once.
Just get him booked in for training with mod 3a & mod 3b.
For driving his class 2 professionally he will need to do the Mod 2 & Mod 4 CPC. They can be done either before or after the practical training & tests.
Jayorzo

Post by Jayorzo »

horlage wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:27 pm
Jayorzo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:26 pm
that’s all he needs. C1, C & C+E all come under the same theory & HP. So you just need to pass it once.
Just get him booked in for training with mod 3a & mod 3b.
For driving his class 2 professionally he will need to do the Mod 2 & Mod 4 CPC. They can be done either before or after the practical training & tests.
Inboxed you bud thanks
krrusi_001

Post by krrusi_001 »

I'm pretty sure theory is only valid for 12 or 24 months. Can't remember which
horlage

Post by horlage »

krrusi_001 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:28 pm
that’s only relevant until you pass the practical test. Once you pass c1 or C you don’t need to do it again to move up to the next level of HGV.
Just as pass theory & HP before an auto car test. You won’t have to retake theory & hp to sit the manual test.
krrusi_001

Post by krrusi_001 »

horlage wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:29 pm
krrusi_001 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:28 pm
that’s only relevant until you pass the practical test. Once you pass c1 or C you don’t need to do it again to move up to the next level of HGV.
Just as pass theory & HP before an auto car test. You won’t have to retake theory & hp to sit the manual test.
yes your correct mate. I misread the post 🤦

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”