Any HGV mechanics tell me my Volvo is doing this I’ve changed compressor, air dryer, filters, pipe work,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
BlakeYake

Any HGV mechanics tell me my Volvo is doing this I’ve changed compressor, air dryer, filters, pipe work,

Post by BlakeYake »

Any HGV mechanics tell me my Volvo is doing this I’ve changed compressor, air dryer, filters, pipe work, both sensors in the coffin boxes under the bonnet. Volvo can’t seem to find the problem and I’m starting to lose the will to live with it 1800 lighter and still f**king beeping it has plenty of air and releases all brakes just air Gauge does what it likes..
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.09 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Lylewo

Re: Any HGV mechanics tell me my Volvo is doing this I’ve changed compressor, air dryer, filters, pipe work,

Post by Lylewo »

Faulty dash clocks I drove an FM that down it hit the dash a thump or two usually cures it
BlakeYake

Re: Any HGV mechanics tell me my Volvo is doing this I’ve changed compressor, air dryer, filters, pipe work,

Post by BlakeYake »

Lylewo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:41 pm Faulty dash clocks I drove an FM that down it hit the dash a thump or two usually cures it
just told Volvo to change them to see if it clears it I’m ready to burn it lol 😂
Lylewo

Post by Lylewo »

BlakeYake wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:42 pm
Lylewo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:41 pm Faulty dash clocks I drove an FM that down it hit the dash a thump or two usually cures it
just told Volvo to change them to see if it clears it I’m ready to burn it lol 😂
think it’s a common fault in them
BlakeYake

Post by BlakeYake »

Lylewo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:42 pm
BlakeYake wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:42 pm
think it’s a common fault in them
lets hope this sorts it
Ricrall

Post by Ricrall »

Hit the top of dash a thump whilst driving more than likely the clocks
FrankSo

Post by FrankSo »

Where I used to work had a v2 fh do that used to keep hard hat in cab to Wack the dash with was the spare motor
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

We have had this on 2 of our Volvos, a 07 fm and a 60 plate version 3 fh, we used to bang the top of the dash and it used to shoot back into the green but then that seemed to stop working so we needed new instrument panels.
Jamnabi

Post by Jamnabi »

Got my dash repaired by Dingbro 2 weeks ago £450
BlakeYake

Post by BlakeYake »

Jamnabi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:47 pm Got my dash repaired by Dingbro 2 weeks ago £450
you got a number for them mate
Jamnabi

Post by Jamnabi »

BlakeYake wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:47 pm
Jamnabi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:47 pm Got my dash repaired by Dingbro 2 weeks ago £450
The Glasgow number is 0141-887-2933 but they have depots all over there done 6 for me over the last couple of years
BlakeYake

Post by BlakeYake »

Jamnabi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:48 pm
BlakeYake wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:47 pm
The Glasgow number is 0141-887-2933 but they have depots all over there done 6 for me over the last couple of years
cheers pal
Stephon

Post by Stephon »

Slap the top of dash, works fine, it's the dash clocks,
BlakeYake

Post by BlakeYake »

Just got called by Volvo dash is gone they want 859 for a new one thanks every one
Lylewo

Post by Lylewo »

BlakeYake wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:50 pm Just got called by Volvo dash is gone they want 859 for a new one thanks every one
holy sh*t I’d keep banging it
BlakeYake

Post by BlakeYake »

Lylewo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:51 pm
BlakeYake wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:50 pm Just got called by Volvo dash is gone they want 859 for a new one thanks every one
holy sh*t I’d keep banging it
I phone around tomorrow lol 😂
gormlent

Post by gormlent »

Hit the top of the dash a bang it should go off happened to my Volvo
tontems

Post by tontems »

We had to put a new dash in. £950 plus labour
DeanGuy

Post by DeanGuy »

Open clock up and move needle see if it cures it if it does glue need

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”