Afternoon all. Where do most of you park your units? I’m looking at going sole trader and purchasing a unit,

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jeremy1996

Afternoon all. Where do most of you park your units? I’m looking at going sole trader and purchasing a unit,

Post by Jeremy1996 »

Afternoon all. Where do most of you park your units? I’m looking at going sole trader and purchasing a unit, O Licence etc. etc. is it worth phoning around local business parks to see if they have space? Cheers.
Iucaym

Re: Afternoon all. Where do most of you park your units? I’m looking at going sole trader and purchasing a unit,

Post by Iucaym »

Don’t do it have you looked at the state of the industry and the price of fuel plus add the ridiculous prices of 2nd hand trucks
Maj_Box

Re: Afternoon all. Where do most of you park your units? I’m looking at going sole trader and purchasing a unit,

Post by Maj_Box »

Don’t be put off by the negative comments. I have been an owner driver for 16 years. There is still a comfortable living to be made if you can find the right work. Try other hauliers that might have spare space in their yards or truck repair garages which often rent out spaces.
kayeudo

Post by kayeudo »

Yes that is what you should do start with the nearest to your home first
MacQuilli

Post by MacQuilli »

Whereabouts are you Jeremy? I’ve just gone through the process myself. Been up and running for a few weeks and don’t have any regrets. Don’t listen to negative comments otherwise you’ll never do anything and people have different reasons for doing things anyway. Shout me if you want, we’re all in this together mate, or at least we should be
Jeremy1996

Post by Jeremy1996 »

MacQuilli wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:24 pm Whereabouts are you Jeremy? I’ve just gone through the process myself. Been up and running for a few weeks and don’t have any regrets. Don’t listen to negative comments otherwise you’ll never do anything and people have different reasons for doing things anyway. Shout me if you want, we’re all in this together mate, or at least we should be
that brilliant and thanks. I live down in Dorset just outside Poole.
MacQuilli

Post by MacQuilli »

Jeremy1996 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:25 pm
MacQuilli wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:24 pm Whereabouts are you Jeremy? I’ve just gone through the process myself. Been up and running for a few weeks and don’t have any regrets. Don’t listen to negative comments otherwise you’ll never do anything and people have different reasons for doing things anyway. Shout me if you want, we’re all in this together mate, or at least we should be
listen, if you need anything, just message. I’ll answer whatever I can. Do you have work?
JCillequ

Post by JCillequ »

MacQuilli wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:25 pm
Jeremy1996 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:25 pm
listen, if you need anything, just message. I’ll answer whatever I can. Do you have work?
good luck mate, I live down in Poole too.
Iucaym

Post by Iucaym »

Your soft in the head if you buy a truck just now
RichardXD

Post by RichardXD »

Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:28 pm Your soft in the head if you buy a truck just now
or wait it out for another 3 years and loose out on 3 years worth of earnings? I think your soft in the head if you can’t purchase a vehicle now and have the motivation and intelligence to make it work personally
Iucaym

Post by Iucaym »

RichardXD wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:29 pm
Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:28 pm Your soft in the head if you buy a truck just now
or wait it out for another 3 years and loose out on 3 years worth of earnings? I think your soft in the head if you can’t purchase a vehicle now and have the motivation and intelligence to make it work personally
3 years of earnings that’s a big joke going to do the shit their doing £1.00 a mile on a good day with Amazon and half of them have no money as their starting out factoring invoices great start
RichardXD

Post by RichardXD »

Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:29 pm
3 years of earnings that’s a big joke going to do the shit their doing £1.00 a mile on a good day with Amazon and half of them have no money as their starting out factoring invoices great start
I wasn’t referring to Amazon work, I was referring to people with a brain and avoiding that shower of shite and people who work elsewhere such as there own customers or subbing for decent haulage firms who pay half decent rates.
Iucaym

Post by Iucaym »

RichardXD wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:30 pm

I wasn’t referring to Amazon work, I was referring to people with a brain and avoiding that shower of shite and people who work elsewhere such as there own customers or subbing for decent haulage firms who pay half decent rates.
Not many decent haulage firms needing more subbies at the moment and all the ones looking for them are all paying sh*t money on shit general haulage
RichardXD

Post by RichardXD »

Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:30 pm
RichardXD wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:30 pm

Not many decent haulage firms needing more subbies at the moment and all the ones looking for them are all paying sh*t money on shit general haulage
I do general haulage and hiab work, mixture of my own customers and subbying. The rates are decent enough for me to earn a good living out of, depends on size of your overheads I guess
Jeremy1996

Post by Jeremy1996 »

redions wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:34 pm Where are you based?
Dorset near Poole.
redions

Post by redions »

Jeremy1996 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:35 pm
redions wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:34 pm Where are you based?
Dorset near Poole.
No probs
We are in Cheshire and have a yard for lorry 🚛 storage etc.
Ainswon

Post by Ainswon »

You will get a barage of bad comments we have the licence the work everything finance sorted struggling to find affordable trucks though. Good luck it is a long process.
Iucaym

Post by Iucaym »

Ainswon wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:36 pm You will get a barage of bad comments we have the licence the work everything finance sorted struggling to find affordable trucks though. Good luck it is a long process.
it’s not bad comments i have been doing this for a long time and to start up just now is crazy as rates are mostly sh*t fuel is ridiculous prices and as you said 2nd hand trucks are going for crazy money
Ainswon

Post by Ainswon »

Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:36 pm
Ainswon wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:36 pm You will get a barage of bad comments we have the licence the work everything finance sorted struggling to find affordable trucks though. Good luck it is a long process.
it’s not bad comments i have been doing this for a long time and to start up just now is crazy as rates are mostly sh*t fuel is ridiculous prices and as you said 2nd hand trucks are going for crazy money
one has to hope it will work out
Iucaym

Post by Iucaym »

Ainswon wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:37 pm
I think you need more than hope
Ainswon

Post by Ainswon »

Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:38 pm

The math adds up but these idle months are annoying as i m not prepared to pay for an r490 high top with 500k km 79000 🙂
Iucaym

Post by Iucaym »

Ainswon wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:38 pm
Iucaym wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:38 pm

The math adds up but these idle months are annoying as i m not prepared to pay for an r490 high top with 500k km 79000 🙂
this might be going up for sale FH 540 been on gold R&M since new just over 400,000km
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (47.15 KiB) Viewed 259 times
AndyMs

Post by AndyMs »

We park in Dartford, Kent 👀

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”