Failed laden brake test Hey guys, What is the correct procedure after failed laden brake test of the tractor unit?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Rafallino

Failed laden brake test Hey guys, What is the correct procedure after failed laden brake test of the tractor unit?

Post by Rafallino »

Failed laden brake test
Hey guys,
What is the correct procedure after failed laden brake test of the tractor unit? Clearly during the test truck has to connected to the loaded trailer so that's kind of tricky what to do with this load(trailer), after the failed result of the test.
I guess its big NO for driver to continue and deliver the load or come back to base with it or just get to the workshop as soon as possible, even if its only few miles away?
Thanks!
Rafallino

Re: Failed laden brake test Hey guys, What is the correct procedure after failed laden brake test of the tractor unit?

Post by Rafallino »

fail
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (49.79 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Matterch

Re: Failed laden brake test Hey guys, What is the correct procedure after failed laden brake test of the tractor unit?

Post by Matterch »

Send another unit it get the trailer from them. Failed unit straight to workshop.
Rafallino

Post by Rafallino »

Matterch wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:04 pm Send another unit it get the trailer from them. Failed unit straight to workshop.
thanks, testing centre said that this particular fail is not serious and truck can come back to base with the load which made me think what in case of accident on the way back/?
Matterch

Post by Matterch »

Rafallino wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:08 pm
Matterch wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:04 pm Send another unit it get the trailer from them. Failed unit straight to workshop.
thanks, testing centre said that this particular fail is not serious and truck can come back to base with the load which made me think what in case of accident on the way back/?
that's good then.
All sorted.
Philiphy

Post by Philiphy »

Have wheels locked on test ? As pass on alternative is an option
Rafallino

Post by Rafallino »

Philiphy wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:10 pm Have wheels locked on test ? As pass on alternative is an option
looking at the doc it seems they did
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Rafallino

Post by Rafallino »

Philiphy wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:10 pm Have wheels locked on test ? As pass on alternative is an option
am i correct?
mariance21

Post by mariance21 »

Rafallino wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:11 pm
am i correct?
middle axle didn't lock and 1 rear didn't lock
What was overall percentage
mariance21

Post by mariance21 »

am i correct?
Middle axle issue look at a set of pads and de glaze the disc
Rafallino

Post by Rafallino »

mariance21 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:12 pm
am i correct?
Middle axle issue look at a set of pads and de glaze the disc
Thank you so much Mariance21! They had to deglaze the discs.
Darenso

Post by Darenso »

The RBT sheet shows issue with foot brake pressure on the 2nd axle service brake. (Could be related to the weight, or load sensor setup).
Deglaze & pads will help, but I would be testing the brake pressures, & load sensor (if it has one). Or get more weight on the axle? Move the fifth wheel forward?
Darenso

Post by Darenso »

Pressure related issue to 2nd service brakes, Possibly load sensor issue. Try moving the fifth wheel to move more load onto the 2nd axle, depending on design weights.
What is the axle design weights for each axle?
JohnExon

Post by JohnExon »

Your unit mileage will shown on next mot if u drive.

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”