Hello all, Just been tupe from Dhl to gxo wonder if anyone knows what they are like to work for...

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Garlandon96

Hello all, Just been tupe from Dhl to gxo wonder if anyone knows what they are like to work for...

Post by Garlandon96 »

Wilkinet

Re: Hello all, Just been tupe from Dhl to gxo wonder if anyone knows what they are like to work for...

Post by Wilkinet »

Do you want to be a number in a massive organisation? Do you want a bucketload of deskjockeys and managers bossing you around, even though they have never been in a lorry? Want to be micromanaged for every penny? Work for one of those big companies! Stay small, stay local.
The company I work for is a 3th generation family business. Don't know my employee number, everything is on a first name basis, pay is good, expert mechanics , no dumb managers and great colleagues.
JayClay

Re: Hello all, Just been tupe from Dhl to gxo wonder if anyone knows what they are like to work for...

Post by JayClay »

Wilkinet wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:17 am Do you want to be a number in a massive organisation? Do you want a bucketload of deskjockeys and managers bossing you around, even though they have never been in a lorry? Want to be micromanaged for every penny? Work for one of those big companies! Stay small, stay local.
The company I work for is a 3th generation family business. Don't know my employee number, everything is on a first name basis, pay is good, expert mechanics , no dumb managers and great colleagues.
all pretty true points that mate
JohnnyCo

Post by JohnnyCo »

Wilkinet wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:17 am Do you want to be a number in a massive organisation? Do you want a bucketload of deskjockeys and managers bossing you around, even though they have never been in a lorry? Want to be micromanaged for every penny? Work for one of those big companies! Stay small, stay local.
its the way forward only were work for small.local companies
Rotherco

Post by Rotherco »

Went from wincanton to gxo on a tupe, they weren't the best and I moved on, a few of my old workers mates have said their really bad to work for but I suppose it depends on the contract.
Pipoder

Post by Pipoder »

I guess that you have a union recognition agreement in place? I worked for Norbert/XPO for 5 years, the union was strong in our depots and according to ex work colleagues it still is.
Chrisrace

Post by Chrisrace »

My mate loves it at gxo in tamworth
Brigdata

Post by Brigdata »

I work for gxo and to be honest your just a number. I don't like them but that's my personal preference.
Donyco

Post by Donyco »

Brigdata wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:39 am I work for gxo and to be honest your just a number. I don't like them but that's my personal preference.
You are just a number everywhere.
Brigdata

Post by Brigdata »

Donyco wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:40 am
Brigdata wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:39 am I work for gxo and to be honest your just a number. I don't like them but that's my personal preference.
You are just a number everywhere.
yeah I guess your right pal
Ceironex

Post by Ceironex »

We was tupe over on a contract all the long term drivers included lauding me left after a few months. Tried ripping us off with wages as well
Amance23

Post by Amance23 »

Plenty of paperwork
Vincend

Post by Vincend »

Don’t ever expect to be paid right or understand your pay slip
A lot depends on how good your TUPE negotiations went down and how good a deal you got
We went from Waitrose to GXO nearly a year ago and are still having issues
JohnnyCo

Post by JohnnyCo »

Cant be any worse than dhl
FrusyDj

Post by FrusyDj »

Is it 20 days of holiday? Joke of a company...had an interview at XPO and I think they like to take the piss.
Leetone67

Post by Leetone67 »

🤣🤣🤣 trailer door falls off when opening it, drink and drugs test driver, badly stacked pallet gets rejected for leaning, drink and drug test the driver, run away as fast as you can
Nichoolle

Post by Nichoolle »

K&n wen to gxo woch your pay pakit not the best on paying over time but still wont u to do it we sub for them as a sub I wood say not the best all ways last to put the money up and mone abawt it do not like paying for parking over night but this is my apinon
Stepayer

Post by Stepayer »

Nichoolle wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:04 am K&n wen to gxo woch your pay pakit not the best on paying over time but still wont u to do it we sub for them as a sub I wood say not the best all ways last to put the money up and mone abawt it do not like paying for parking over night but this is my apinon
were you at
Stepayer

Post by Stepayer »

Nichoolle wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:04 am K&n wen to gxo woch your pay pakit not the best on paying over time but still wont u to do it we sub for them as a sub I wood say not the best all ways last to put the money up and mone abawt it do not like paying for parking over night but this is my apinon
I was at normanton GXO never settled in long runs late start times
Charlesto

Post by Charlesto »

if your tupeed over they have to honour the pay you already have
Morrisfi

Post by Morrisfi »

Charlesto wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:06 am
it depends on the negotiations they can change all your Ts and Cs in time
Garlandon96

Post by Garlandon96 »

Morrisfi wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:10 am
Charlesto wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:06 am
it depends on the negotiations they can change all your Ts and Cs in time
Cheers
Richarte55

Post by Richarte55 »

I'm gxo b and q never had a problem with pay or being overworked I think it depends on the contract but I've had no issues
Brigdata

Post by Brigdata »

Richarte55 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:12 am I'm gxo b and q never had a problem with pay or being overworked I think it depends on the contract but I've had no issues
where you based pal?
Richarte55

Post by Richarte55 »

Brigdata wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:12 am
Richarte55 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:12 am I'm gxo b and q never had a problem with pay or being overworked I think it depends on the contract but I've had no issues
where you based pal?
swindon
Brigdata

Post by Brigdata »

Richarte55 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:13 am
where you based pal?
swindon
my mates based at worksop and he loves it but I'm on a different contract and think they are dog 💩 to work for
Garlandon96

Post by Garlandon96 »

Brigdata wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:13 am

where you based pal?
swindon
my mates based at worksop and he loves it but I'm on a different contract and think they are dog 💩 to work for
Avonmouth
Garlandon96

Post by Garlandon96 »

where you based pal?
swindon
they supposed to be having trailers in Swindon from city plumbing supplies which are from Warrington
Bawfate

Post by Bawfate »

where you based pal?
swindon
Like Richarte55 I am on the b and q. I had an issue with pay my first month but it was sorted out sharpish. Not had issues since. Its not a hard job. I'm based at Heywood.
Brigdata

Post by Brigdata »

Bawfate wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:17 am

swindon
Like Richarte55 I am on the b and q. I had an issue with pay my first month but it was sorted out sharpish. Not had issues since. Its not a hard job. I'm based at Heywood.
yeah I work for gxo and the job is pretty steady to be honest. But the wages are always wrong and they treat us like crap. Moneys not bad and hours are good. That's the only reason I'm still here
Davidusse

Post by Davidusse »

Horrific I left them after 4 years treated like 💩💩
Mariussi52

Post by Mariussi52 »

Good luck with XPO/GXO, bunch of clowns where I used to work. 👎
Anguson

Post by Anguson »

i've heard nothing good about ether
Garlandon96

Post by Garlandon96 »

Ok thanks for your information can’t be no worse than Dhl

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”