Hello, Good afternoon all.. hope you are well Looking for an advice, recommendation from you… I have applied for

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Decctio

Hello, Good afternoon all.. hope you are well Looking for an advice, recommendation from you… I have applied for

Post by Decctio »

Hello, Good afternoon all.. hope you are well
Looking for an advice, recommendation from you…
I have applied for O license late October this year and after providing all the requirements I have received the final answer from the OTC as is proposing to refuse my application due to my named TM not meeting the requirements.
The Traffic Commissioner is offering the opportunity to nominate a different TM by the end of this month.
I don’t want to name a new TM as I have payed and start studying myself with NTP.
My question is:
How do you recommend?
To withdraw my application or to leave it till the end of the month and accept it refused by the reason given in the final letter?
Thank you 🙏
JaneerMs

Re: Hello, Good afternoon all.. hope you are well Looking for an advice, recommendation from you… I have applied for

Post by JaneerMs »

What are their objections to your nominated TM?
If you really want to get up and running, you will need to find another TM.
Even if you are studying, it could be a good while before you pass and have a certificate to submit.
Sianda

Re: Hello, Good afternoon all.. hope you are well Looking for an advice, recommendation from you… I have applied for

Post by Sianda »

Studying and waiting for results is time consuming, not a guaranteed pass so if you are desperate for a TM I would find one and maybe state the conditions and you may need an experienced TM to show you the ropes as learning begins after passing
Admin5

Post by Admin5 »

It's always better to withdraw your application than have it refused, it just looks better for your future applications.
The same goes for an existing license: don't let it be revoked. If you don't need it any more, surrender it, there's a link for that in VOL.
Micftvoir

Post by Micftvoir »

What requirements does your named TM not meet? If you apply again you will have to pay another application fee, newspaper advert, etc. plus a few months waiting time so you might be better off nominating another TM until you are in a position to he able to take over yourself.
Clayneer

Post by Clayneer »

I would say best to find a decent TM to get you up and running. I know it’s extra cost but if they’re decent it will really help you getting everything set up and the right things in place. Definitely don’t allow it to be refused as you will then need to declare that in future applications.
DevontXx

Post by DevontXx »

Until you pass the exam you're not qualified in terms of current legislation. Paying for NTP course doesn't mean anything-I've got stuck on 1 question at their course since August with no help from tutors and also will have tonsured the O'licence
Chasysto

Post by Chasysto »

I had similar situation for a company that I helped to apply for licence…because their purpose ETM had same issues they’ve been called at a pi, the Owner chosen another tm and long story…the end his app been refused. He applied again with new tm and got the licence.
In conclusion, you got a period of grace to find a new tm, if you don’t find one and not going to PI your licence will be refused and you should apply again and wait till will be guaranteed. You will have to pay again for public notice in newspaper and the licence tax when you submit.
If you find another TM, I think is a better option. After you get the certificate, you can add you as TM.
Good luck to take best decision
Jamflunio

Post by Jamflunio »

available in midlands and surrounding area as TM hgv international if you need it.
gsilver01919

Post by gsilver01919 »

ETM available in London, Herts, Essex if you decide to take on a new one.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”