2021 Scania has inoperable cruise control. The cruise control identifier doesn’t even appear in a greyed out format

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Cochrano

2021 Scania has inoperable cruise control. The cruise control identifier doesn’t even appear in a greyed out format

Post by Cochrano »

2021 Scania has inoperable cruise control. The cruise control identifier doesn’t even appear in a greyed out format (circled). Any ideas? The exhaust brake is off. The message reads “Make cruise control available” but how? 🤔
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (114.72 KiB) Viewed 482 times
Tomaarde

Re: 2021 Scania has inoperable cruise control. The cruise control identifier doesn’t even appear in a greyed out format

Post by Tomaarde »

By getting in one that works, have you checked the settings on the steering wheel that could be set to limit rather than cruise and make sure you have the auto exhaust brake off too.
Transch32

Re: 2021 Scania has inoperable cruise control. The cruise control identifier doesn’t even appear in a greyed out format

Post by Transch32 »

Switch on via the steering wheel controls!
Clayance

Post by Clayance »

Have you checked the tire pressures are ok
Cochrano

Post by Cochrano »

The steering wheel buttons are giving me the message:-
“Cruise control unavailable. Make cruise control available”
Cochrano

Post by Cochrano »

Exhaust brake off on right stalk
Cochrano

Post by Cochrano »

This has only happened since Friday. I mentioned the greyed out cruise dial, because it usually shows it in the red circle (pictured). I’m starting to get shaky legs, holding that throttle down lol. Your I know, Mamby Pamby steering wheel holder 😂.
Colleeno

Post by Colleeno »

Cochrano wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:50 pm This has only happened since Friday. I mentioned the greyed out cruise dial, because it usually shows it in the red circle (pictured). I’m starting to get shaky legs, holding that throttle down lol. Your I know, Mamby Pamby steering wheel holder 😂.
proper drivers use foot throttle cruise control for lazy buggers who want to play with their phones and put their feet up like you see all the foreign drivers
Domante

Post by Domante »

Colleeno wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:51 pm
Cochrano wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:50 pm This has only happened since Friday. I mentioned the greyed out cruise dial, because it usually shows it in the red circle (pictured). I’m starting to get shaky legs, holding that throttle down lol. Your I know, Mamby Pamby steering wheel holder 😂.
proper drivers use foot throttle cruise control for lazy buggers who want to play with their phones and put their feet up like you see all the foreign drivers
:lol:
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (91.08 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Colleeno

Post by Colleeno »

Domante wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:53 pm
I do 100,000 miles a year low loaders and trailers on continent go back to the hole you crawled out of in your own country
Domante

Post by Domante »

Colleeno wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:53 pm

I do 100,000 miles a year low loaders and trailers on continent go back to the hole you crawled out of in your own country
don't burst a blood vessel or you'll end up in a hospital getting treated by those foreign doctors and nurses, and oh what delicious irony that would be
Colleeno

Post by Colleeno »

Domante wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:54 pm
Colleeno wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:53 pm

don't burst a blood vessel or you'll end up in a hospital getting treated by those foreign doctors and nurses, and oh what delicious irony that would be
least we pay them and they are very good but who has all the accidents foreigners trucks
Bonsysto

Post by Bonsysto »

All I could say is before getting it checked by somebody check the cruise control button is Green on the right below the steering wheel, it’s just a speedometer looking symbol 🙂
Cochrano

Post by Cochrano »

Bonsysto wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:58 pm All I could say is before getting it checked by somebody check the cruise control button is Green on the right below the steering wheel, it’s just a speedometer looking symbol 🙂
No lights in these ones. Just on off and a toggle.
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (44.66 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Bonsysto

Post by Bonsysto »

Cochrano wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:03 pm
Bonsysto wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:58 pm All I could say is before getting it checked by somebody check the cruise control button is Green on the right below the steering wheel, it’s just a speedometer looking symbol 🙂
No lights in these ones. Just on off and a toggle.
I drive the newish kind of scania R450s so 2019 onwards, I’ve just found a picture of the cab buttons I took and you’re right that button isn’t there, I wonder if I’m thinking of the old gen ones sorry, not sure what else it could be, maybe check the fuse box?
Adamax

Post by Adamax »

Press the little cog type button on steering wheel. Then use the arrow buttons to turn cruise on on the dash screen.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (974.85 KiB) Viewed 459 times
Adamax

Post by Adamax »

It should then put the little grey cruise control picture on the dash display and the normal buttons will work again
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (663.11 KiB) Viewed 459 times
Cochrano

Post by Cochrano »

Adamax wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:08 pm It should then put the little grey cruise control picture on the dash display and the normal buttons will work again
excellent thank you 🙏🤩

Return to “Maintenance companies and mechanics | General discussions”