Hi guys, Want to open a company and apply for o license. Company address will be in London, but i have found a good

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Daview710

Hi guys, Want to open a company and apply for o license. Company address will be in London, but i have found a good

Post by Daview710 »

Hi guys,
Want to open a company and apply for o license. Company address will be in London, but i have found a good operating centre in Northampton. I will be the transport manager.
Can i have the company address in London and operating centre in Northampton? If I’m not wrong the only issue would be that the TM should not be more than 90 miles from Operating centre. Any other issues? Thank you
Adamerge

Re: Hi guys, Want to open a company and apply for o license. Company address will be in London, but i have found a good

Post by Adamerge »

The TM can be any given distance away as long as you provide information to prove you have effective and continuous control, I had the same situation and had to provide my planned route as tm for a firm in London from Yorkshire
Samolle

Re: Hi guys, Want to open a company and apply for o license. Company address will be in London, but i have found a good

Post by Samolle »

I’ve just sent you a message mate
Clarkens

Post by Clarkens »

Yes you can, but the ETM is not allowed to be to far cos needs to visit the operating centre weekly and always when is a problem to be there.
SteveHan

Post by SteveHan »

Clarkens wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:21 pm Yes you can, but the ETM is not allowed to be to far cos needs to visit the operating centre weekly and always when is a problem to be there.
that's not the case at all. I'm well over 100 miles from the operating centre for which I'm TM. The TC did ask how frequently I'd visit and I said monthly as required. I have automated download devices and electronic vehicle checks and a lead driver to assist me so I manage continuously and effectively from afar.
Clarkens

Post by Clarkens »

SteveHan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:22 pm
Clarkens wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:21 pm Yes you can, but the ETM is not allowed to be to far cos needs to visit the operating centre weekly and always when is a problem to be there.
that's not the case at all. I'm well over 100 miles from the operating centre for which I'm TM. The TC did ask how frequently I'd visit and I said monthly as required. I have automated download devices and electronic vehicle checks and a lead driver to assist me so I manage continuously and effectively from afar.
to one of my clients the TC didn’t accept the ETM because of distance ( I helped him with the o licence application) …and from London to Northampton is not 100km…the main reason will be distance…

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”