I know we all take the p*as out of the slow trucks of maritime but what peoples experiences working for the company?

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Bavinfren

I know we all take the p*as out of the slow trucks of maritime but what peoples experiences working for the company?

Post by Bavinfren »

I know we all take the p*as out of the slow trucks of maritime but what’s peoples experiences working for the company? There’s a job going not to far away and sounds like a pretty good deal but we all know what they say it is and what it actually are very different things
EEduardom

Re: I know we all take the p*as out of the slow trucks of maritime but what peoples experiences working for the company?

Post by EEduardom »

Apparently pay is ok and they get a bonus for economic driving, decent lorries just slow
Nigetton

Re: I know we all take the p*as out of the slow trucks of maritime but what peoples experiences working for the company?

Post by Nigetton »

I love it on Maritime, it maybe slower but I’m hourly paid, never pushed, there is a lot worse out there.
Chrisondo

Post by Chrisondo »

Who wants to rush round? Decent kit, not pushed, parking paid, hourly rate, looks good to me
Glennro

Post by Glennro »

Been with company since start of March last year, up to now no problems at all, loving it and a tidy motor too
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (93.93 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Mikeer

Post by Mikeer »

Glennro wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:54 pm Been with company since start of March last year, up to now no problems at all, loving it and a tidy motor too
always get same truck?
Glennro

Post by Glennro »

Mikeer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:55 pm
Glennro wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:54 pm Been with company since start of March last year, up to now no problems at all, loving it and a tidy motor too
always get same truck?
I do as I’m a tramper
Stillem

Post by Stillem »

Amazing how much more relaxing driving can be, just knocking of 2ks not being in a hurry to get there.
Newellan

Post by Newellan »

My brother in law works out of the new depo at Castleford and he is very happy with them.
Allentime

Post by Allentime »

Is the v8 maritime driver going to speak up😂🤦‍♂️
Danksto

Post by Danksto »

Allentime wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:58 pm Is the v8 maritime driver going to speak up😂🤦‍♂️
which one there's about 15 of them
Danksto

Post by Danksto »

Decent job pays alryte jobs easy on containers, trucks alryte all have fridges and microwaves, driver bonus scheme upto £2500 in December. Free vending machines at all sites, all parking on account (SNAP moto welcome break other truck stops ) all sites have showers and driver facilities which you can park at... can't complain
Markingo

Post by Markingo »

Look, no point asking advice about how good a job is, some will hate it some will love it. If you like the sound of it by all means give it a go. If you need people on Facebook to talk you into it then walk away.... May sound harsh but seriously, it's the best thing to do
Thorneller

Post by Thorneller »

Markingo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:00 pm Look, no point asking advice about how good a job is, some will hate it some will love it. If you like the sound of it by all means give it a go. If you need people on Facebook to talk you into it then walk away.... May sound harsh but seriously, it's the best thing to do
of course there’s a point in asking advice. That’s the whole point of forums like this isn’t it. New drivers getting tips and such of more experienced people.
McCartie

Post by McCartie »

What suits 1 doesn't suit another, doesn't mean it's a bad job, I worked for a company called Churchill's (Bartholomews) in Chichester, company was fine, money was fine, I've just never been so bored in my life, running grain from farms to Mills/Silo's ...
Chrisud

Post by Chrisud »

I work for them out of their Middlesbrough/Teesport depot and I like it find the money decent enough, get the same unit every day but share it with the same bloke on nights also, dead easy work but as with everything it will suit some and not others!
Simioner

Post by Simioner »

I asked the same questions about maritime,I got mixed answers,ended up taking the job.
I just left after a month and a half like some people said, some may like it some may not, give it a try
Camplebb

Post by Camplebb »

Jobs fine, decent money, if you get the chance to do contract take it as you’ll be working direct for a shipping company instead of on general which is a lot of day or night work.
Kevinso

Post by Kevinso »

I enquired about two years ago, pay too low. Shame as good facilities and equipment.
DJcnted5

Post by DJcnted5 »

Kevinso wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:05 pm I enquired about two years ago, pay too low. Shame as good facilities and equipment.
had 3 pay rises since then
Kevinso

Post by Kevinso »

DJcnted5 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:06 pm
Kevinso wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:05 pm I enquired about two years ago, pay too low. Shame as good facilities and equipment.
had 3 pay rises since then
I’d suspected they would’ve increased by now.
Daview710

Post by Daview710 »

Is it not better to be be paid hourly in a slow truck than per load in a fast truck?
Batizer

Post by Batizer »

Fantastic company to work for, no hassle from planners left alone to do the job.
Andyar20

Post by Andyar20 »

I applied and got told to many have applied at the mo,
Dannyon

Post by Dannyon »

Talking to their drivers who have been there over a year and I get the impression that they won't readily leave.
What have you got to lose?
Give it a whirl.
If you love it, brilliant.
If you hate it, plenty of jobs out there.
PeteMegz

Post by PeteMegz »

If you think it’s for you give it a go mate that’s all you can do or you will never know not everyone will like the same job some will leave on good terms some will leave on bad terms so you will never get a real feel for it unless you try it
Russent53

Post by Russent53 »

Are they limited more or just rammed in the containers?
JoGlitz

Post by JoGlitz »

Don’t know unless you try for yourself. If we all liked the same things the world would be boring
Johnyxia

Post by Johnyxia »

Jobs a job m8. If it suits you go for it
PaulMidd

Post by PaulMidd »

Driving is driving. Heard this from a driver and it's so true. Plus if pay is sxxt a good saying in life minimum wage minimum effort 👌

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”