Hi all I‘m looking for a start driving class 1 or 2, I have no experience other than both training and tests.

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
JackWs

Hi all I‘m looking for a start driving class 1 or 2, I have no experience other than both training and tests.

Post by JackWs »

Hi all 👋
I‘m looking for a start driving class 1 or 2,
I have no experience other than both training and tests.
I’m based in Luton, Bedfordshire. I have CPC, Digi card and applied for all companies and agencies I can think of near by and beyond. Online, in person and phoned - Stobart, TransHaul, News, WS, Knights of Old, Lidl, Aldi, B&M, Kinship, Nagel, Driver Hire etc…
I applied to most just before and after Christmas. Thinking it might just be a slow start to the year but I haven’t heard much
If you know of any I may have missed please let me know
Cheers! 🚚
Neiiradef

Re: Hi all I‘m looking for a start driving class 1 or 2, I have no experience other than both training and tests.

Post by Neiiradef »

It’s slow JackWs. Not even the supermarkets are taking people on at the moment.
This may be hard to except but you might need to consider 7.5t work as there is a little around. They say it picks back up in March.
Good luck mate
JackWs

Re: Hi all I‘m looking for a start driving class 1 or 2, I have no experience other than both training and tests.

Post by JackWs »

Neiiradef wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:02 am It’s slow JackWs. Not even the supermarkets are taking people on at the moment.
This may be hard to except but you might need to consider 7.5t work as there is a little around. They say it picks back up in March.
Good luck mate
Thanks
JonPlay

Post by JonPlay »

Is there no freight/haulage companies around Luton Airport? I managed to get into a company based by Heathrow Airport as a newbie class 1 driver with no experience. Sometimes it’s worth taking a drive around industrial estates like Luton Airport as companies usually have banners outside showing what they’re recruiting.
JonPlay

Post by JonPlay »

Try XPO and DHL out of Hatfield. I know XPO take on new drivers, not the greatest money but it gets you behind a wheel and gaining experience.
Hollancy

Post by Hollancy »

Is it hard to get one for people with no experience or for everyone until March?
Jadentin

Post by Jadentin »

In the same spot in the London area. Keep going mate we will get there👊🏽
Frazerch

Post by Frazerch »

Try DHL in and around Bedfordshire area

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”