Ok folks I have a problem. I got this truck but the wind noise is driving me crazy has anyone else got the same

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Garyotta

Ok folks I have a problem. I got this truck but the wind noise is driving me crazy has anyone else got the same

Post by Garyotta »

Ok folks I have a problem. I got this truck but the wind noise is driving me crazy has anyone else got the same problem. I can hardly hear the phone if someone phoned me it’s that loud
Kevoniz

Re: Ok folks I have a problem. I got this truck but the wind noise is driving me crazy has anyone else got the same

Post by Kevoniz »

check see if door hinges are bent someone could have let it go in the wind
JonPlay

Re: Ok folks I have a problem. I got this truck but the wind noise is driving me crazy has anyone else got the same

Post by JonPlay »

Can’t really comment I’m in a new Merc and it’s to soundproof it gets ya a little sleepier 😂
Stacydo99

Post by Stacydo99 »

Drivers door is bent out at the top. Quite common on Volvos and Renaults.
Bit of wood in the hinge side, around where the window opening starts, and given it a couple of good hard rugs inwards. Should bend the door just enough
Jourdel

Post by Jourdel »

Either the door or the light bar mate, both common
JonRoz

Post by JonRoz »

My daf the same does ma but in
JonRoz

Post by JonRoz »

Comming from the light bar prob
Adamax

Post by Adamax »

The top door hinge need adjusting. The top of the door over time bends causing it. Wind noise on the FH is a common issue. Also the window glass doesn't always fully go up. Volvo say that's how it should be
Shaunde

Post by Shaunde »

Had a windscreen replaced. Seals between panel black panel below screen and screen its self not sitting properly. Hammerd in correctly and all OK.
Light bar could also cause, loop rope around spiral across bar to disrupt air flow, if it makes difference some where to start. Rope works on car roof racks as well.
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

Shaunde wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:24 am Had a windscreen replaced. Seals between panel black panel below screen and screen its self not sitting properly. Hammerd in correctly and all OK.
Light bar could also cause, loop rope around spiral across bar to disrupt air flow, if it makes difference some where to start. Rope works on car roof racks as well.
might need to tilt the cab and have a look
Shaunde

Post by Shaunde »

Garyotta wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:24 am
Shaunde wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:24 am Had a windscreen replaced. Seals between panel black panel below screen and screen its self not sitting properly. Hammerd in correctly and all OK.
might need to tilt the cab and have a look
Could not really see it, but put some thin rope in gap and it was almost gone, asked for screen to be checked by replacement Co. Put panel back properly and all quite again.
Anghelfa

Post by Anghelfa »

Stop farting 1st then see, where the problem comes from. 🤣 top hinge is bent or door frame
Smithru

Post by Smithru »

Some helpful info there! 👌
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

Smithru wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:27 am Some helpful info there! 👌
hope it’s not the lightbar and it’s a easy fix though
Smithru

Post by Smithru »

Garyotta wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:28 am
Smithru wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:27 am Some helpful info there! 👌
hope it’s not the lightbar and it’s a easy fix though
lightbars can be buggers but a lot of peeps recommend checking the door so hopefully easy fix 👍
SedMaxi

Post by SedMaxi »

It's the light bar that's causing it...
Very common thing.
Taffyrest

Post by Taffyrest »

Definitely the light bar 100%
Stefunnol

Post by Stefunnol »

Try “Climair” for door wind deflectors. Not saying it’ll help much if at all. But worth getting some anyway. They just slot in rather than bolt in. Handy if yer changing wagons regularly. Cos there noisy. It’d do my head in as well. I still haven’t got used to the forestry tyres warring like hell on mine
Conway77

Post by Conway77 »

The seal around the windscreen on the daf I drive makes a racket. Company not interested in getting it resealed.
Johnyxia

Post by Johnyxia »

Conway77 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:32 am The seal around the windscreen on the daf I drive makes a racket. Company not interested in getting it resealed.
dafs are bad for that buddy, especially the newer ones
Conway77

Post by Conway77 »

Johnyxia wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:33 am
Conway77 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:32 am The seal around the windscreen on the daf I drive makes a racket. Company not interested in getting it resealed.
dafs are bad for that buddy, especially the newer ones
mines hates a Saturday. Last couple it has had a red stop warning that goes after you turn it off
Edwarde

Post by Edwarde »

Lightbar will be causing it kelsa do a flap that prevents it or failing that you can ducktape the front lip of the sunroof ive been told that stops it aswell
Ingramix

Post by Ingramix »

first of all turn the fog lights off !
Neiiradef

Post by Neiiradef »

Take the top lights of noise will go..
Floriano

Post by Floriano »

Drive slow and the problem IT will be solved. Thank you.
Andream

Post by Andream »

Were your hands free bluetooth headset.
Johnyxia

Post by Johnyxia »

DAextand wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:39 am The mirror protectors.
I second that, company I work for has about 20 Volvos, some with mirror guards some without, ones with mirror guards the wind noise is unreal, ones without there’s hardly any wind noise
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

Johnyxia wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:39 am
DAextand wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:39 am The mirror protectors.
I second that, company I work for has about 20 Volvos, some with mirror guards some without, ones with mirror guards the wind noise is unreal, ones without there’s hardly any wind noise
Thanks guys
Ashworbi

Post by Ashworbi »

It’s the globe trotter sin when the put the top bar on it distorts it
KonCert

Post by KonCert »

Just a thought I had a tyre recut once that was really noisy
Kevinme

Post by Kevinme »

Easy fix just put some silicon sealant in the gap around the screen and it would fix it for good.
Dorrecni50

Post by Dorrecni50 »

Them chrome mirror guards can cause whistling as can the roof kelsa
Also that piece of wind deflector on the roof missing can make a huge difference
LancaRee

Post by LancaRee »

Volvo I get from the vents..
RobWonder

Post by RobWonder »

Mirror protectors and light bars can both make a noise.
Powellon

Post by Powellon »

take that wind deflector off above the windscreen waste of time those things are had the same problem, the light bar shouldn't be an issue
Markable

Post by Markable »

I drove a17 plate brand new couldn't understand why the road noise was so loud one day in the winter washing it left the cabin heater on and it blew bubbles out of all of the door seals
Ronnient

Post by Ronnient »

Put tape along top of door frame it will be the door seals they are useless done it to both sides on mine sorted the problem
KevConn

Post by KevConn »

Notice on the newer volvo the small square gap on the mirror guards letting air thru
AndrewMc

Post by AndrewMc »

I’d hazard a guess that the aerodynamics are upset slightly by the lightbar and the steel mirror protectors.
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

AndrewMc wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:49 am I’d hazard a guess that the aerodynamics are upset slightly by the lightbar and the steel mirror protectors.
probably a good guess
Turiccer

Post by Turiccer »

Shut your windows and stop having your right arm on the window seal getting a tan
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

Turiccer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:51 am Shut your windows and stop having your right arm on the window seal getting a tan
now that could be the issue
MMartyn

Post by MMartyn »

It'll be all that chintz !
Rasruffin

Post by Rasruffin »

Take those bling lamps off the roof. They will be creating no end of wind noise
Bryance

Post by Bryance »

Is roof shut and not on tilt ???!
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

Bryance wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:55 am Is roof shut and not on tilt ???!
it’s closed but the noise does sound like it’s the roof
Bryance

Post by Bryance »

I had it turned out to be roof spoiler in cross winds mainly
Hemslenn

Post by Hemslenn »

1 of the doors are bent at the top. Very comon on volvos
Garyotta

Post by Garyotta »

Thanks everyone! Its helps alot! :D

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”