Afternoon Peeps. I've just started using a splitter trailer on containers and I'm having trouble separating the two

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Paulinte

Afternoon Peeps. I've just started using a splitter trailer on containers and I'm having trouble separating the two

Post by Paulinte »

Afternoon Peeps.
I've just started using a splitter trailer on containers and I'm having trouble separating the two halves with loaded boxes. I was shown how to do it with an empty skelly, but with loaded boxes, it's proving more difficult. Are there any hacks to what I'm doing wrong or is it just a case of working out what's best for me?
Cheers.
Paulinte

Re: Afternoon Peeps. I've just started using a splitter trailer on containers and I'm having trouble separating the two

Post by Paulinte »

Wawszalle wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:33 pm What make of splitter
it's an SDC trailer.
Wawszalle

Re: Afternoon Peeps. I've just started using a splitter trailer on containers and I'm having trouble separating the two

Post by Wawszalle »

Paulinte wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:34 pm
Wawszalle wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:33 pm What make of splitter
it's an SDC trailer.
use the locking pin tops as a gauge to level you have left back trl air line on till its split a bit
Nealest

Post by Nealest »

I sometimes find lowering the trucks rear axle helps
Wawszalle

Post by Wawszalle »

If its level should be no different
Use the air on unit and drop the midlift if possible and trailer to level it make short pins are fully retracted if not rock unit to help them
Cunnion17

Post by Cunnion17 »

Front half up
Back half down.
Then adjust the level of the drive axle and it should pop out.
Millerso

Post by Millerso »

Raise or lower your air suspension accordingly to level it out.
Rennie85

Post by Rennie85 »

I always used to lower suspension on unit and trailer before dropping the axle of the front half then it separated easy
PPhillips

Post by PPhillips »

Hand brake give it a quick pop normally levels out the trailer

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”