Good Repute. I know this is going to sound stupid. I was driving my elderly parents one of whom no longer drives but

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
MBSerippe

Good Repute. I know this is going to sound stupid. I was driving my elderly parents one of whom no longer drives but

Post by MBSerippe »

Good Repute.
I know this is going to sound stupid. I was driving my elderly parents one of whom no longer drives but owns the car being driven, it was a wet and windy night to say the least. I ended up unintentionally driving through a red light. I do not remember doing so, but apparently, I did. I had been in the inside lane when I realized it was due to turn left, swapped to the right lane thus inadvertently drove through a light I did not see. Today the parent whose car it is, had a letter stating intent to prosecute, obviously parent needs to let the authorities know it was me. The letter states that due to the length the red light was on it is not a matter of a simple penalty. With these things there are no excuses.
I am worried what effect this will have on my good repute. Since I have not managed over the past year to obtain any sort of ETM position. Keeping out of debt has been my focus, the agency work I have been doing is barely covering the bills.
Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Ingramix

Re: Good Repute. I know this is going to sound stupid. I was driving my elderly parents one of whom no longer drives but

Post by Ingramix »

Good repute isn't about getting a few points on your licence, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do drive LGV'S you need to let the TC know, also if you are a named TM on an ops licence you should also let the TC know, they are not going to call you in for that (hopefully you don't already have something like 9 points already 😉)
Joeiron12

Re: Good Repute. I know this is going to sound stupid. I was driving my elderly parents one of whom no longer drives but

Post by Joeiron12 »

It might be worth getting a legal firm to sort it as sometimes these things can be got rid off.
By no means the same as there was no camera, I ran a light because the red lense was missing and it dazzled me in to thinking it was green.
Gavintage

Post by Gavintage »

Was you driving commercially? Don't sound like it...
Crack on no need to tell nobody only DVLA
JackWs

Post by JackWs »

No need to report to TC if not a nominated TM. If you are successful in future of becoming a ETM you will have to answer for it then. Dm me in regards to TM work.
AAndrew

Post by AAndrew »

I went through a red in a fully loaded gas tanker, got offered a driver awareness course. Nobody any the wiser.
Matthen

Post by Matthen »

I have a speeding conviction on my licence 34 in a 30). Called TC office, they just said they don't need to know unless it's resulted in serious injury, death and if drink or drugs convictions while driving as well.
Andynage

Post by Andynage »

No need to notify for driving convictions unless they involve drink, drugs, dangerous driving, serious injury, death, or driving without due care and attention
Luptoney

Post by Luptoney »

If they don't drive anymore let pops take the hit?? Easy solution and tc non the wiser. U won't get anywhere sticking to the rules
Kasimaxis

Post by Kasimaxis »

Luptoney wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:20 pm If they don't drive anymore let pops take the hit?? Easy solution and tc non the wiser. U won't get anywhere sticking to the rules
but by not sticking to the the rules a term of imprisonment for perverting the course of justice and total loss of repute.
Luptoney

Post by Luptoney »

Kasimaxis wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:20 pm
Luptoney wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:20 pm If they don't drive anymore let pops take the hit?? Easy solution and tc non the wiser. U won't get anywhere sticking to the rules
but by not sticking to the the rules a term of imprisonment for perverting the course of justice and total loss of repute.
if u get caught that is!! No risk means no reward!!
MBSerippe

Post by MBSerippe »

Thank you all hope you had a good new year. Thank you all for your support. May I say the idea of asking a parent to take the 'rap' was never going to happen! It does not sit well with me, besides they wouldn't consider it either. Speeding is not the issue there was no speeding. apparently the light had been red for over 20 seconds therefore giving plenty of time to stop had it been seen. hence the intent to prosecute. definitely think I will need some expert help. As for the TC you guys had some differing Ideas on that. So guess will have to see what happens and let the TC decide if they think it is relevant or not.
ChrisRip

Post by ChrisRip »

Can I suggest that it is far better to inform the OTC of an issue when people here think the OTC doesn't need to know, rather than let the TC find out at a later date and think you tried to get away with something. As a starting point, please see paras, 84-87, 107 and 117 of latest Stat Doc 6 driver conduct. This has recently changed. I suggest you notify them once you know the outcome. PS I sympathize with you making the mistake.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”