Hi all I'm a recent class 1 pass and managed to get some class 2 shifts upto Christmas but nothing since. Has anyone

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
PaulMax

Hi all I'm a recent class 1 pass and managed to get some class 2 shifts upto Christmas but nothing since. Has anyone

Post by PaulMax »

Hi all
I'm a recent class 1 pass and managed to get some class 2 shifts upto Christmas but nothing since. Has anyone else noticed the amount of agencies recruiting for drivers but nothing ever comes from registering.
Jonesto

Re: Hi all I'm a recent class 1 pass and managed to get some class 2 shifts upto Christmas but nothing since. Has anyone

Post by Jonesto »

Yup I have registered with a few and heard nothing from them. When you find an agency that’s looking after you think hard about leaving them for another even if it seems better. The grass ain’t always greener
PaulMax

Re: Hi all I'm a recent class 1 pass and managed to get some class 2 shifts upto Christmas but nothing since. Has anyone

Post by PaulMax »

Jonesto wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:09 am Yup I have registered with a few and heard nothing from them. When you find an agency that’s looking after you think hard about leaving them for another even if it seems better. The grass ain’t always greener
oh I know. I'm thinking agency work until at least 6 months experience
Jonesto

Post by Jonesto »

PaulMax wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:10 am
Jonesto wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:09 am Yup I have registered with a few and heard nothing from them. When you find an agency that’s looking after you think hard about leaving them for another even if it seems better. The grass ain’t always greener
unless a full time job presents itself then just stay on agency. I’m on temp to perm with xpo. Probably not the best wage perm but plenty of holiday and the jobs no hassle and I’m left alone
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Jonesto wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:10 am
PaulMax wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:10 am
unless a full time job presents itself then just stay on agency. I’m on temp to perm with xpo. Probably not the best wage perm but plenty of holiday and the jobs no hassle and I’m left alone
just need to hope I get some shifts soon but most here advertise but don't appear to have work
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

im on six months class 1 working for agency just getting 2 days a week at present doing trunking hope the following week I might get more the lorry season kicks off around March so expect a quiet period.
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Adriango wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:14 am im on six months class 1 working for agency just getting 2 days a week at present doing trunking hope the following week I might get more the lorry season kicks off around March so expect a quiet period.
OK mate
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

PaulMax wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:14 am
Adriango wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:14 am im on six months class 1 working for agency just getting 2 days a week at present doing trunking hope the following week I might get more the lorry season kicks off around March so expect a quiet period.
OK mate
No worries because I have a class 2 for 9 years the agency let me loose if I had gone from a car straight to class 1 I wouldn't have been so fortunate.
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Adriango wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:15 am
OK mate
No worries because I have a class 2 for 9 years the agency let me loose if I had gone from a car straight to class 1 I wouldn't have been so fortunate.
unfortunately I did the 10 day straight to class 1 but I've done 40 or 50 class 2 shifts and got great references from the transport manager
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

PaulMax wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:15 am

OK mate
unfortunately I did the 10 day straight to class 1 but I've done 40 or 50 class 2 shifts and got great references from the transport manager
The agency i use to work for let a Romanian car to class 1 loose from Bristol to pagination (Devon) he hit 3 cars along coronation road Bristol and kept going then when he got to pagination he couldn't reverse another driver was there to reverse for him then he took off in it and accidentally drove into a cull de sac location and got the unit lodged between two vans tried to reverse and took out a lamp post and garden gate. He then left the lorry stuck there and walked back down the road to the depot to seek help once the other driver walked back with him the police were waiting and arrested him for leaving the scene of a accident and took his licence off him quite a lot of carnage in one night but his actions has wrecked it for everyone with less than 2 years experience because that's what the company now require I had to change agency to get the chance I been looking for otherwise I would have been stuck with class 2.
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Adriango wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:16 am

The agency i use to work for let a Romanian car to class 1 loose from Bristol to pagination (Devon) he hit 3 cars along coronation road Bristol and kept going then when he got to pagination he couldn't reverse another driver was there to reverse for him then he took off in it and accidentally drove into a cull de sac location and got the unit lodged between two vans tried to reverse and took out a lamp post and garden gate. He then left the lorry stuck there and walked back down the road to the depot to seek help once the other driver walked back with him the police were waiting and arrested him for leaving the scene of a accident and took his licence off him quite a lot of carnage in one night but his actions has wrecked it for everyone with less than 2 years experience because that's what the company now require I had to change agency to get the chance I been looking for otherwise I would have been stuck with class 2.
wow
Jonesto

Post by Jonesto »

bloody hell he had a mare!!!!
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

PaulMax wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:16 am

wow
yes it would of been a brilliant place to progress but now they require minimum of 2 years thanks to a Romanian.
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

Jonesto wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:17 am

yes shocking but true this incident happened in June 2022 screwed it up for everyone else. I went out at the same time to get my class 1 passed without any minors clean sheet. I knew this place would take on new drivers had it all planned only to end in disaster 😑
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

Jonesto wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:17 am

After doing class 2 for 9 years I'm cheesed off with that unless I get class 1 all the way I don't get out of bed im about to leave to do a shift from trowbridge to Milton Keynes in a minute straight trunk run 1 trailer swop and the same tomorrow night so just 2 days that's all I got for this week with any luck I might get more days next week as its slowly picking up again.
Martincer

Post by Martincer »

I've been with the same agency for 6 months and have had regular shifts with the same company. Theres been the odd week where ive not had work for the day or 2 but thats always going to be the case working for agencys. I have prepared myself for the usual jan/feb work shortage by creating savings so if im not working ill use it to my advantage and do the hobbys etc i like to do and turn a negative into a positive.
Millerso

Post by Millerso »

I’ve noticed agencies push to get you registered then hear nothing from them, I found going round or calling your local haulage companies better.
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Millerso wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:20 am I’ve noticed agencies push to get you registered then hear nothing from them, I found going round or calling your local haulage companies better.
I've tried calling a few and filled in the application forms but not heard much back. I think it's because I've got 2 months experience on class 2 whereas maybe folk with years experience will get the nod
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Millerso wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:20 am I’ve noticed agencies push to get you registered then hear nothing from them, I found going round or calling your local haulage companies better.
also noticed lots of tipper jobs but you need 8 wheeler tipper experience. Give folk a chance to get experience it's not like you are gonna get tipper experience at amazon only tipper companies have tippers
Kevanic

Post by Kevanic »

Had 1st call from agencies this week, registered 11 months ago. Lucky I went and found full time jobs myself. The day after

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”