I was nominated as a TM for an operator licence. I have passed recently and I have not much experience. These

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Davicge07

I was nominated as a TM for an operator licence. I have passed recently and I have not much experience. These

Post by Davicge07 »

I was nominated as a TM for an operator licence. I have passed recently and I have not much experience. These questions asked me from TC can anyone help me to answer these questions. Much appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (91.55 KiB) Viewed 408 times
Donattox

Re: I was nominated as a TM for an operator licence. I have passed recently and I have not much experience. These

Post by Donattox »

If you can't answer these questions should you really be a Transport Manager?
PioNice

Re: I was nominated as a TM for an operator licence. I have passed recently and I have not much experience. These

Post by PioNice »

Donattox wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm If you can't answer these questions should you really be a Transport Manager?
Everyone has to start somewhere, you could offer some practical advice. This forum really is good for help and support. Everyone on here just wants to help on any newly qualified TM.
Donattox

Post by Donattox »

PioNice wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:05 pm
Donattox wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm If you can't answer these questions should you really be a Transport Manager?
Everyone has to start somewhere, you could offer some practical advice. This forum really is good for help and support. Everyone on here just wants to help on any newly qualified TM.
most of those questions are in an exam
Donattox

Post by Donattox »

PioNice wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:05 pm
and should know to pass an exam
Iliassent

Post by Iliassent »

if you don’t agree with his asking for help why can’t you just scroll on?? And then post your own question asking for help which some people may think that you should know the answer to! But no, they offer an answer in an effort to help you out! Forking he’ll mate, it isn’t hard to just be civil to someone in need of help, we’ve all been there
JoshDj

Post by JoshDj »

and now you dont comments if you dont have good answer. Why’s that then? Are you DVSA in disguise?
Davicge07

Post by Davicge07 »

Thank you all for your support.
This is very useful forum. Most of them came to help me I have sort it out but you should Ignore some one who hurts you thanks..
Chimont

Post by Chimont »

So I take it you knew everything when you started out?
Donattox

Post by Donattox »

Chimont wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:11 pm
So I take it you knew everything when you started out?
I was a mechanic and knew a fair bit and would be able to answer most of those questions yes.
Joniollo

Post by Joniollo »

Tell them your using software
Davicge07

Post by Davicge07 »

Joniollo wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:13 pm Tell them your using software
what software is that
Shieldor

Post by Shieldor »

The problem with the exam vrs years of experience and what's actually required. Are you going to be an external or internal TM? A lot of the answers can be straight forward. Send me a dm if you want
Logance

Post by Logance »

Shieldor wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:14 pm The problem with the exam vrs years of experience and what's actually required. Are you going to be an external or internal TM? A lot of the answers can be straight forward. Send me a dm if you want
Top answer for me that ! Non judgmental and offered a spot of help at the end 👍Well done that man 👍
Pement58

Post by Pement58 »

Get yourself a copy of this book, you will need it. Im pretty certain it covers everything you need to know about being a TM
Blunderc

Post by Blunderc »

Pm me if you still need a help
Chimont

Post by Chimont »

I have sent you a PM, please feel free to give me a call tomorrow 👍
Andrzejet

Post by Andrzejet »

Not had one of these before but questions look standard enough. Been/am named on numerous licences as tm. More than happy to chat through them with you if you want, just dm if required.
Davicge07

Post by Davicge07 »

Mamunar wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:20 pmpm you
thank you
Admin5

Post by Admin5 »

This template will get your started, for other questions – just use common sense and answer them in plain words:
viewtopic.php?t=11216

Also, this guide tells you what to do and how to do it as a TM and you can also use that in your answers:
viewtopic.php?t=10
Davicge07

Post by Davicge07 »

Admin5 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:22 pm This template will get your started, for other questions – just use common sense and answer them in plain words:
viewtopic.php?t=11216

Also, this guide tells you what to do and how to do it as a TM and you can also use that in your answers:
viewtopic.php?t=10
it’s really helpful forum most of them came to support me. thank you.
Iliassent

Post by Iliassent »

These are common questions (especially for certain TM’s that work elsewhere) the first one I received guidance from
Richie, don’t listen to the “you should know this brigade” the letter initially seems quite daunting but once you’ve done a few it becomes the norm. Not sure if anyone else has messaged you privately and helped but feel free to ask if you need anything.
Davicge07

Post by Davicge07 »

Iliassent wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:23 pm These are common questions (especially for certain TM’s that work elsewhere) the first one I received guidance from
Richie, don’t listen to the “you should know this brigade” the letter initially seems quite daunting but once you’ve done a few it becomes the norm. Not sure if anyone else has messaged you privately and helped but feel free to ask if you need anything.
thank you
Admin5

Post by Admin5 »

You might've missed a memo: In this forum you can ask any stupid questions you want. It's allowed and even encouraged. What's strictly not allowed is pointing out that a question is stupid.
Donattox

Post by Donattox »

Admin5 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:24 pm
You might've missed a memo: In this forum you can ask any stupid questions you want. It's allowed and even encouraged. What's strictly not allowed is pointing out that a question is stupid.
must of.
Jeffiyeh

Post by Jeffiyeh »

Hi, I’ve sent you a DM - I should be able to help.
Thanks.
Davicge07

Post by Davicge07 »

Jeffiyeh wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:26 pm Hi, I’ve sent you a DM - I should be able to help.
Thanks.
thank you
Loverra

Post by Loverra »

Maybe you should ask your employer to join a trade association, RHA or CPT, as all the relevant info is available, and also there to refer to at any time, being a member of a trade association is also looked highly upon by the TC'S
MeeHigh

Post by MeeHigh »

Pement58 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:17 pm Get yourself a copy of this book, you will need it. Im pretty certain it covers everything you need to know about being a TM
Do you know if the Lowe's is suitable for just HGV or does it cover PSV as well.? I'm PSV.
Kimrter

Post by Kimrter »

The answers are in the questions pretty simple stuff if you are or your are not qualified to be honest and if your finding the questions difficult then probably best to go back to the school and ask for their help and move forward from there.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”