Hi guys just looking for some advice. I’ve just booked on a course for my cpc transport managers course, not really

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
AshQuick

Hi guys just looking for some advice. I’ve just booked on a course for my cpc transport managers course, not really

Post by AshQuick »

Hi guys just looking for some advice. I’ve just booked on a course for my cpc transport managers course, not really clued up at all on it so it’s going to be a lot of revising. Wondering what’s best to learn online? Reading through my books? And is it better just revising certain things your going to be doing first exam on? Sorry for long rant.
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (68.01 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Loverra

Re: Hi guys just looking for some advice. I’ve just booked on a course for my cpc transport managers course, not really

Post by Loverra »

Enterprise have lots of online videos to watch and rewatch. I have probably listened to it 3 times, read the whole book twice, then listened to it again few times
AshQuick

Re: Hi guys just looking for some advice. I’ve just booked on a course for my cpc transport managers course, not really

Post by AshQuick »

Loverra wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm Enterprise have lots of online videos to watch and rewatch. I have probably listened to it 3 times, read the whole book twice, then listened to it again few times
is they certain parts you want to learn more ? Like are the test in order every time? So for example I could learn financing and business more? Then once that test is done do another section
Loverra

Post by Loverra »

AshQuick wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:36 pm
Loverra wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:35 pm Enterprise have lots of online videos to watch and rewatch. I have probably listened to it 3 times, read the whole book twice, then listened to it again few times
is they certain parts you want to learn more ? Like are the test in order every time? So for example I could learn financing and business more? Then once that test is done do another section
exam is in one go. But there are quizzes on each topic, mostly self study, u study once, do the work sheet, find out what's wrong, read things over again. There also has MC practice on whatever topic u want
Adriango

Post by Adriango »

Have a wee look at OCR website, you can get some examples of questions
SandyJo

Post by SandyJo »

as you mentioned " not having clue " , I strongly advice you to do classroom course as some doesn't make sense until they explain to you in classroom, speaking of experience...
Tatech

Post by Tatech »

Familiarize yourself with your books, you use them in the case study paper
Andriune

Post by Andriune »

I used to train this course, albeit when it was the OCR format…happy to help if required though
Logance

Post by Logance »

They do online sessions as well, so ask at that time. Although they don't cover all topics in live sessions, just PowerPoint video. For me, just attending and ask in classroom doesn't help as they simply go through the book with you.
Jakeffin

Post by Jakeffin »

Logance wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:38 pm They do online sessions as well, so ask at that time. Although they don't cover all topics in live sessions, just PowerPoint video. For me, just attending and ask in classroom doesn't help as they simply go through the book with you.
that will depend entirely on the ability of the trainer....
Jeffiyeh

Post by Jeffiyeh »

It’s very difficult to do online if u can find a class much better there’s a lot to learn
Jamenter

Post by Jamenter »

I done mine with enterprise, I found the link they send you with the previous tests on etc. is pretty good as you can print them and have a go at them. And all the online multiple choice tests are good too
JoshDj

Post by JoshDj »

Just sent you a PM. Good luck. Sorry I am not allowed to advertise in this
Firmino

Post by Firmino »

The biggest challenge is finding the relevant section in your book during the tests. Find a way of marking it up to allow quicker access to relevant sections, doing this will make the exam far easier and give u the time to write. You do a lot of writing in both exams btw.
Pement58

Post by Pement58 »

Firmino wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:41 pm The biggest challenge is finding the relevant section in your book during the tests. Find a way of marking it up to allow quicker access to relevant sections, doing this will make the exam far easier and give u the time to write. You do a lot of writing in both exams btw.
"tab" your pages with post-it notes.
Firmino

Post by Firmino »

Pement58 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:42 pm
Firmino wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:41 pm The biggest challenge is finding the relevant section in your book during the tests. Find a way of marking it up to allow quicker access to relevant sections, doing this will make the exam far easier and give u the time to write. You do a lot of writing in both exams btw.
"tab" your pages with post-it notes.
yep and marking them clearly. This really helped me, but I guess it’s about finding a system that works for the individual.
RoutioMr

Post by RoutioMr »

I did my cpc with Enterprise and they were great, here’s a good tip, sellotape the contents page to the inside front cover of your file, much easier to go back to the front of book to see what section you need during your exam, worked for me. Good luck.
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (50.78 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Sianda

Post by Sianda »

I did my course in November as a class room course at a training centre which was 1st class and the class room banter, questions raised and debates made it so much easier not that it is easy by any means but would not have done it any other way, great training centre and great knowledgeable tutor who went above and beyond to help us through and to learn and understand
DanMan

Post by DanMan »

I studied that folder for a few months then did the classroom course before exam. Honestly do not think i would of passed it without doing the class room course. Good luck
Zakirovox

Post by Zakirovox »

I did the course with same company. I passed third time. But it was so difficult for me because English is my not first language and I did not have any experience in transport. Finally I passed. I was reading the book about 3 times and did practice online also I used the past papers since 2012
MeeHigh

Post by MeeHigh »

I did mine online with Enterprise. Live Zoom courses, recorded old zoom courses and PowerPoint type with a voice over.
They have excellent resources available. You need to put the effort in though. No use thinking reading that once, or watching a video once, will get you through.
I even took myself away to a hotel for 3 days before my tests, purely to revise and do old test papers, to avoid outside distraction. Passed both exams first time.
You're paying good money for the course and resources. DO NOT WASTE IT.
StevenJr

Post by StevenJr »

Happy to assist with your learning experience if you find it hard going. Email us at [email protected] or call 01543 54 50 50.
Stupinfo

Post by Stupinfo »

I did mine with ntp online it’s good and friendly 👍
Shieldor

Post by Shieldor »

Most important topics
1- Route planning
2- applying, Managing and maintaining your o licence.
3- financial calculations
About 30+ marks on those topics that’s for the written exam, multiple choice, you must read the full 500+ page manual as there’s a lot of info. Also another tip watch the Ereals videos and attend the online classes. I passed mine with enterprise they are very good.
AshQuick

Post by AshQuick »

Can anyone help? or am I being stupid? Don’t know how to work this out
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (53.83 KiB) Viewed 357 times
Logance

Post by Logance »

AshQuick wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:49 pm Can anyone help? or am I being stupid? Don’t know how to work this out
gross profit = sale - direct cost = turnover - driver wage - fuel - maintenance
AshQuick

Post by AshQuick »

Thank you for all your helpful answers is they any lessons anyone has had online that you just pay for the tutor online if you get me? Nothing else just a tutor going through it all?

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”