When you guys carry different types of loads eg ISO container rolls of steel wire wood aggregate etc Do all companie

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Mossey

When you guys carry different types of loads eg ISO container rolls of steel wire wood aggregate etc Do all companie

Post by Mossey »

When you guys carry different types of loads eg ISO container rolls of steel wire wood aggregate etc
Do all companies train people on how to secure the load correctly or do some companies just assume you know it already
CowleJo

Re: When you guys carry different types of loads eg ISO container rolls of steel wire wood aggregate etc Do all companie

Post by CowleJo »

Most companies will just assume u know everything so what I suggest is just ask for a bit of help from a driver who already works there most of us are happy to help good luck pal and keep smiling
Nockett

Re: When you guys carry different types of loads eg ISO container rolls of steel wire wood aggregate etc Do all companie

Post by Nockett »

Some docks may have instructions on how to strap things like at Goole. Most will just assume but a lot of drivers will always help you out if you ask. Don’t be shy in asking. We have all been there at some point. Even after nearly 30 years driving I always listen to any advice given.
Yordance

Post by Yordance »

You don't even do any of this on your CPC module 4 now! The dvsa expect companies to train you nowadays
Kadolaz

Post by Kadolaz »

We do abnormal loads we ripe and sheet, use flatbeds and curtainsider, when we had the cpc training I said to the man I would bring a truck in and we can got through a practical load securing exercise, he replied it’s all classroom based…
Dylance

Post by Dylance »

Rule of thumb if in doubt ask. If still in doubt throw every starp you have on it. Better too much than too little. As long as you have show you done the best you could you can be faulted.
Kayunto88

Post by Kayunto88 »

I get laughed at hauling timber framed buildings on a rigid with as many straps as I can get on. Better asking and being thought a fool than not and removing all doubt.
Brentef

Post by Brentef »

Everywhere iv worked always had a day with a driver to show how they want things done but if they don’t offer it you are well within your rights to ask for training and if they say no why would you want to work for a company like that if there’s no support then they don’t care.
Eastanni

Post by Eastanni »

Learned myself. How to do things. I have deslxia so a lot harder for me. Rule to thumb with strap it chain it down because if you don't you get done for a insecure load.
Hodnnai

Post by Hodnnai »

Had my mod 4 CPC last week, most types of loads were covered and the use of twist locks, ratchet straps, tension bars, dog and chains etc.
Joshin33

Post by Joshin33 »

There are so many different trucks different loads that you often have to ask even after 39 years there's things I don't know how to do . Eg never driven a cement mixer wouldn't have a clue
Davellow

Post by Davellow »

Some companies will not even know how to secure things
Petewinz

Post by Petewinz »

Some companies don't even know what they are carrying see address collection point delivery address and expect you to go ltd quantities load, pallet load, part or full trailer etc. Then expect youth know but don't give you the correct equipment to do the job at hand. Working agency sent into Nestle 52 plt load none load bearing trailer and curtain not told and not given external ratchet straps and expected me to strap the back and go 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 told them no chance even Nestle agreed full investigation. Stand your ground if you are doing your job correctly no one can say anything but tell the company from the start what you can and can't do then you are both on the same page
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Just let you get on with it work it out as you go

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”