Isn't it time we did something as a whole to get the government to improve service stations? smelly, always full and

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Alexango

Isn't it time we did something as a whole to get the government to improve service stations? smelly, always full and

Post by Alexango »

Isn't it time we did something as a whole to get the government to improve service stations? smelly, always full and flipping expensive, oh and hardly a healthy option for food either, and to top it off the showers are disgusting,
Thoerro

Re: Isn't it time we did something as a whole to get the government to improve service stations? smelly, always full and

Post by Thoerro »

They are privately owned and run business nothing to do with the government
Kayunto88

Re: Isn't it time we did something as a whole to get the government to improve service stations? smelly, always full and

Post by Kayunto88 »

Unions have been fighting for years to get it sorted but not gonna happen
DanMan

Post by DanMan »

I agree. I've only been driving for three days and already I'm stuck by how hard it is to find somewhere secure to park a curtain overnight.
I have managed to find somewhere but it's not been anywhere with a shower that I'd actually dare to enter!
Alexango

Post by Alexango »

DanMan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:11 pm I agree. I've only been driving for three days and already I'm stuck by how hard it is to find somewhere secure to park a curtain overnight.
I have managed to find somewhere but it's not been anywhere with a shower that I'd actually dare to enter!
at least twice a month I have a new hole sliced into my trailer curtains,
Even when empty
Alexango

Post by Alexango »

DanMan wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:11 pm I agree. I've only been driving for three days and already I'm stuck by how hard it is to find somewhere secure to park a curtain overnight.
and if you ever see it happen just let it happen, it's not worth the pay to get sliced up... that's what company insurance is for,
DanMan

Post by DanMan »

Alexango wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:12 pm
and if you ever see it happen just let it happen, it's not worth the pay to get sliced up... that's what company insurance is for,
I've got no locks on mine. It can just be opened instead of being sliced, does that help? (It's not carrying any high value anyway)
OscarHi

Post by OscarHi »

How about block all the motorways till they bring the cost of diesel down
Alexango

Post by Alexango »

OscarHi wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:12 pm How about block all the motorways till they bring the cost of diesel down
not just diesel, Inflation as a whole
Jamenter

Post by Jamenter »

or just dont tramp like me…
PaulMax

Post by PaulMax »

Jamenter wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:13 pm or just dont tramp like me…
don't matter if u tramp or not the truck parks stick of urine and to be honest I don't want that on my shoes
Alexango

Post by Alexango »

Jamenter wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:13 pm or just dont tramp like me…
tramping suits my style of living almost off grid
Fosteer

Post by Fosteer »

Mate, military accommodation is worse, you’ve got no chance!
MattheGo

Post by MattheGo »

Some really nice service stations out there but some are over 5 min plus walk from the truck park to the nearest toilet.
Hardly time to have a shite on a 15.
It's a choice between food or shite most days. 🤔
RoutioMr

Post by RoutioMr »

What can the government do? These are private businesses and you need to take it up with them, the government don’t own the service stations so can’t force them to do anything.

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”