Good afternoon all What’s the going day rate on a 18t curtainsider with tail lift, euro 6? Iv been offered a job for

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
SavannCo

Good afternoon all What’s the going day rate on a 18t curtainsider with tail lift, euro 6? Iv been offered a job for

Post by SavannCo »

Good afternoon all,
What’s the going day rate on a 18t curtainsider with tail lift, euro 6?
Iv been offered a job for a company 5-6 drops a day from Bedford to London £500 per day plus fuel surcharge.
Any advice welcome. TIA
Grindest

Re: Good afternoon all What’s the going day rate on a 18t curtainsider with tail lift, euro 6? Iv been offered a job for

Post by Grindest »

Lucky to get that on a artic in Yorkshire 😂
Grahonex

Re: Good afternoon all What’s the going day rate on a 18t curtainsider with tail lift, euro 6? Iv been offered a job for

Post by Grahonex »

£2500 per week sounds ok to me for an 18 tonner, these days im pushing to earn that with a 44 tonner
Louisio

Post by Louisio »

Grahonex wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:58 pm £2500 per week sounds ok to me for an 18 tonner, these days im pushing to earn that with a 44 tonner
ya not wrong there
MMartion

Post by MMartion »

Grahonex wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:58 pm £2500 per week sounds ok to me for an 18 tonner, these days im pushing to earn that with a 44 tonner
this ^
Dariusso

Post by Dariusso »

I am also earning £2500/£2700 per week
Kenters

Post by Kenters »

Sounds a good job to me wish i could find some thing like that in Chesterfield work i have been doing pays between £380 and £560
Terrilla

Post by Terrilla »

Kenters wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:17 pm Sounds a good job to me wish i could find some thing like that in Chesterfield work i have been doing pays between £380 and £560
you've been doing day rate for £380?
Kenters

Post by Kenters »

Terrilla wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:18 pm
Kenters wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:17 pm Sounds a good job to me wish i could find some thing like that in Chesterfield work i have been doing pays between £380 and £560
Not a day rate mate it is a job rate but i can tell you it is crap. I have some direct work that pays good money but on quite days i will sub for the big boys who work for nothing
Terrilla

Post by Terrilla »

Kenters wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:18 pm
Terrilla wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:18 pm
Not a day rate mate it is a job rate but i can tell you it is crap. I have some direct work that pays good money but on quite days i will sub for the big boys who work for nothing
I met you about 8 years ago, a young lad who'd snapped an air line and abs cable then two recovery lads brought me to your yard and you sorted me out and on my way... I hope they paid you 🤞... I'm now on an owner driver journey since August, I'm doing okay but it is a hard world out there 👍 all the best mate.
MMartion

Post by MMartion »

Plus fuel surcharge too..some of us have to pay fuel outa that
Micharo

Post by Micharo »

MMartion wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:20 pm Plus fuel surcharge too..some of us have to pay fuel outa that
Fuel surcharge only gives a little extra when fuel prices go above a certain level. He still has to pay most of the fuel cost himself.
MMartion

Post by MMartion »

Micharo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:21 pm
MMartion wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:20 pm Plus fuel surcharge too..some of us have to pay fuel outa that
Fuel surcharge only gives a little extra when fuel prices go above a certain level. He still has to pay most of the fuel cost himself.
better than f all
SavannCo

Post by SavannCo »

How do you work out what to charge for a fuel surplus? I’m new to this. The email has asked if I have any questions, what kinda questions should I be asking? Again all help appreciated 👍🏼
Augustex

Post by Augustex »

SavannCo wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:23 pm How do you work out what to charge for a fuel surplus? I’m new to this. The email has asked if I have any questions, what kinda questions should I be asking? Again all help appreciated 👍🏼
you agree a base rate on the fuel. For example £1.20 a litre.
Then when you see what fuel actually was you work out your percentage
Coliish

Post by Coliish »

Not bad at all. Just be careful in what areas you'll go in London. Check the ULEZ, Congestion charge and most important: DVS.
Good luck!
Helenet63

Post by Helenet63 »

My Loadboard was suspended because my FMCSA Score high, All thanks to RAY_Cybertech on lnstagram for helping me reactivate my relay account. he's reliable

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”