Hello guys, Is anyone using BP Moto Chieveley and had a problem with fuel system? We have 4 vehicles with similar

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Adammo

Hello guys, Is anyone using BP Moto Chieveley and had a problem with fuel system? We have 4 vehicles with similar

Post by Adammo »

Hello guys, Is anyone using BP Moto Chieveley and had a problem with fuel system? We have 4 vehicles with similar problem. contaminated fuel tank
Alanterr

Re: Hello guys, Is anyone using BP Moto Chieveley and had a problem with fuel system? We have 4 vehicles with similar

Post by Alanterr »

Is it keyfuels diesel you put in?? Last couple times I've put some in I've had issues
Adammo

Re: Hello guys, Is anyone using BP Moto Chieveley and had a problem with fuel system? We have 4 vehicles with similar

Post by Adammo »

Alanterr wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:20 pm Is it keyfuels diesel you put in?? Last couple times I've put some in I've had issues
no. We use BP cards
Alanterr

Post by Alanterr »

Adammo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:20 pm
Alanterr wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:20 pm Is it keyfuels diesel you put in?? Last couple times I've put some in I've had issues
no. We use BP cards
not so much what payment card but if you put the keyfuels spec diesel in was my thought.
I normally fill up at esso stations on keyfuels card and no issues at all.
Now twice, once before Xmas and once last week I put 200 litres keyfuels designated fuel in and had hours worth of regen resulting in engine management light coming on.
Fill up with esso quality fuel 10 min later all fine again.
I've heard of cars having issues with supermarket fuel before as well. Cheap if cheap only just making spec
Liammo69

Post by Liammo69 »

it nearly bankrupted me a few years ago, water in fuel is a big problem with the boating community, and now its a problem with trucks especially if the bunker sites aren't maintained and drained of water

https://liquideng.com/collections/fuel-set-collection
Alanterr

Post by Alanterr »

Liammo69 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:21 pm
it nearly bankrupted me a few years ago, water in fuel is a big problem with the boating community, and now its a problem with trucks especially if the bunker sites aren't maintained and drained of water

not sure if it's just water
Attachments
Image.jpg
Image.jpg (184.57 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Liammo69

Post by Liammo69 »

Alanterr wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:22 pm
Liammo69 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:21 pm

not sure if it's just water
it doesn't take much water to screw up a filter and injectors, prevention is better than cure
Liammo69

Post by Liammo69 »

Try this it removes water in the fuel, the bio fuel that's added to fuel attracts water

Return to “Haulage companies | Owner-drivers and fleet owners | General discussions”