Just bagged my first job as a new pass Class 2 driver. Can’t wait to start in March What things should I purchase or

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
PhilChill

Just bagged my first job as a new pass Class 2 driver. Can’t wait to start in March What things should I purchase or

Post by PhilChill »

Just bagged my first job as a new pass Class 2 driver. Can’t wait to start in March,
What things should I purchase or need in preparation?
Thanks all! 🚚🚚🚚
WalkerBo

Re: Just bagged my first job as a new pass Class 2 driver. Can’t wait to start in March What things should I purchase or

Post by WalkerBo »

Decent sat nav extra Charging cables for phone and nav, some window cleaner, rags, some air fresheners for cab.. etc.
PhilChill

Re: Just bagged my first job as a new pass Class 2 driver. Can’t wait to start in March What things should I purchase or

Post by PhilChill »

WalkerBo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:56 pm Decent sat nav extra Charging cables for phone and nav, some window cleaner, rags, some air fresheners for cab.. etc.
I think the sat navs are built in as they are the brand new Volvos. Time will tell I suppose, but thanks for the other suggestions
WalkerBo

Post by WalkerBo »

PhilChill wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:56 pm
WalkerBo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:56 pm Decent sat nav extra Charging cables for phone and nav, some window cleaner, rags, some air fresheners for cab.. etc.
I think the sat navs are built in as they are the brand new Volvos. Time will tell I suppose, but thanks for the other suggestions
always have a back up plan.. a decent phone mount and a few sticky pads you can mount to the dash.
Passquic

Post by Passquic »

PhilChill wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:56 pm
I never relay on build in sats. I always have mine TT6250 in my bag.
Earleyan

Post by Earleyan »

Good bright torch, gloves, a trucker map.. sat navs are good but also handy to have one for the ‘just incase’ spare batteries for torch incase runs out, phone charger, flask, sunglasses, wipes for cabs if they’re shared, blue roll.. list can go on really
DDarrenz

Post by DDarrenz »

Wank towel for the 45, gloves, baby wipes, kfs, a cooler bag for scran and juice, water bottle, sat nav, aux plug for the phone and aviators.
Mitchein

Post by Mitchein »

DDarrenz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:59 pm Wank towel for the 45, gloves, baby wipes, kfs, a cooler bag for scran and juice, water bottle, sat nav, aux plug for the phone and aviators.
wrong page mate, this is not Ryan air pilots 🙄
Fitzinde

Post by Fitzinde »

You need a angry face when you get told you got to wait two hours to get tipped
Davirgic41

Post by Davirgic41 »

RADAR toilet key so you always have access to the bogs during night hours when public bogs are locked
Angella

Post by Angella »

Davirgic41 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm RADAR toilet key so you always have access to the bogs during night hours when public bogs are locked
I thought that's what laybys were for lol
Beatonex

Post by Beatonex »

Davirgic41 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm RADAR toilet key so you always have access to the bogs during night hours when public bogs are locked
good idea.
Khancoll

Post by Khancoll »

just your head will be good to keep it attached to your neck
SioSipper

Post by SioSipper »

Definitely need to get hold of some patience, oh and baby wipes are a must
JayZine

Post by JayZine »

Old thermos flask for pissing in a decent hgv map book Tomtom or Garmin hgv satnav if you've got a bunk in your truck a sleeping bag/quilt even if you're not tramping you never know. Diary, basic tools for bulb changes etc.
Jackwell

Post by Jackwell »

Loo roll, never know when you might need to find a bush.
Jeffiner

Post by Jeffiner »

A to Z of the best UK d0gging locations. 😉😂
JonRoz

Post by JonRoz »

Patience. Don't let anyone or anything rush you. Don't let them talk down to you or hurry you with any vehicle checks. New (agency) drivers get the clunkers. Be sure you're safe. Get a good sat nav you can put the vehicle dimensions into. Be sure about your height of vehicle. If you have a drivers mate who thinks he's your boss and can tell you when to take your break - throw him out the window. No one is your friend. People will hate you just for having a large vehicle. Multi-dropping - remember you're not a machine and can't go from an hours sit down to an hours heavy lifting and back again without some warm up and warm down time. Always take spare food, water and warm clothes, a book and a change of socks. Even on a day shift. Sh*t happens. 😉

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”