Good afternoon, I’m fairly new to being a TM so please be kind, one thing I am struggling with or overthinking it

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Jaynee24

Good afternoon, I’m fairly new to being a TM so please be kind, one thing I am struggling with or overthinking it

Post by Jaynee24 »

Good afternoon, I’m fairly new to being a TM so please be kind, one thing I am struggling with or overthinking it maybe is how to write a Infringement Debrief and if you have a repeat offender how do you deal with them? Thank you
Atkinsse

Re: Good afternoon, I’m fairly new to being a TM so please be kind, one thing I am struggling with or overthinking it

Post by Atkinsse »

Hi Jaynee 🙂 I use a red amber green policy. I usually issue a letter of concern first highlighting the issue and talking through the problem with the driver. If they continue to offend again they are issued with a green 1 warning. If they repeat again then green 2, then they are moved to amber 1 and more formal training is required. If they continue they will get a red warning then it will be treat in line with disciplinary policies. I log it all on a spreadsheet so it’s easy to keep track of, obviously depending on severity of infringement too. All warnings stay on spreadsheet for 3 months. Hope this helps x
Jaynee24

Re: Good afternoon, I’m fairly new to being a TM so please be kind, one thing I am struggling with or overthinking it

Post by Jaynee24 »

Atkinsse wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:28 pm Hi Jaynee 🙂 I use a red amber green policy. I usually issue a letter of concern first highlighting the issue and talking through the problem with the driver. If they continue to offend again they are issued with a green 1 warning. If they repeat again then green 2, then they are moved to amber 1 and more formal training is required. If they continue they will get a red warning then it will be treat in line with disciplinary policies. I log it all on a spreadsheet so it’s easy to keep track of, obviously depending on severity of infringement too. All warnings stay on spreadsheet for 3 months. Hope this helps x
Thank you very much as well! all great tips! It's a little overwhelming sometimes!
Willucy

Post by Willucy »

I generally write what discussed with driver on were they went wrong and how to improve, I've used reward and sanction systems which worked well
Jaynee24

Post by Jaynee24 »

Willucy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:30 pm I generally write what discussed with driver on were they went wrong and how to improve, I've used reward and sanction systems which worked well
Thank you very much for your help!
Lukzilla

Post by Lukzilla »

I do something similar to Jess, and keep all infringements on a log on a s/sheet, with letters issued in their tacho infringement file. But the S/s acts a quick reminder who is where with infringements and who needs re-educating or disciplining.
Jaynee24

Post by Jaynee24 »

Lukzilla wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:31 pm I do something similar to Jess, and keep all infringements on a log on a s/sheet, with letters issued in their tacho infringement file. But the S/s acts a quick reminder who is where with infringements and who needs re-educating or disciplining.
thank you very much! this forum up it’s lovely to have a space where you can talk freely without being judged or bombarded with negative comments!!
Lukzilla

Post by Lukzilla »

Jaynee24 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:32 pm
Lukzilla wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:31 pm I do something similar to Jess, and keep all infringements on a log on a s/sheet, with letters issued in their tacho infringement file. But the S/s acts a quick reminder who is where with infringements and who needs re-educating or disciplining.
thank you very much! this forum up it’s lovely to have a space where you can talk freely without being judged or bombarded with negative comments!!
Thanks Jaynee, that is so lovely! Yes, loving the safe space we have here. 😀
Compliance1991

Post by Compliance1991 »

I currently follow the below process

First discussion is with myself and discuss how it happened and suggest ways of how it could of been avoided
Second time - Discuss with line manager and provide training doucments
Third time - Organize day out with driver training
Fourth time- Companies disciplinary process

Everything is documented on infringement papers etc. Over the last year looking into the stats due to training and discussion we have seen infringement count drop by a significant amount

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”