Guys, Left my card in truck all weekend, can I over write it with a manual entry??

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Edwardo22

Guys, Left my card in truck all weekend, can I over write it with a manual entry??

Post by Edwardo22 »

Jeakinfo

Re: Guys, Left my card in truck all weekend, can I over write it with a manual entry??

Post by Jeakinfo »

Sadly not. Once it's recorded the activity you can't change it. Do a print-out when you go in and explain what happened on the back. If there is anyone at work give them a call and ask them to remove it
Edwardo22

Re: Guys, Left my card in truck all weekend, can I over write it with a manual entry??

Post by Edwardo22 »

Jeakinfo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:29 pm Sadly not. Once it's recorded the activity you can't change it. Do a print-out when you go in and explain what happened on the back. If there is anyone at work give them a call and ask them to remove it
thanks
Robellow

Post by Robellow »

No m8, you'll have to do a print out and then write on the back hopefully your boss will have something to corroborate you weren't at work, speak to your TM
Edwardo22

Post by Edwardo22 »

Robellow wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 pm No m8, you'll have to do a print out and then write on the back hopefully your boss will have something to corroborate you weren't at work, speak to your TM
thanks
Robellow

Post by Robellow »

Edwardo22 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:31 pm
Robellow wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 pm No m8, you'll have to do a print out and then write on the back hopefully your boss will have something to corroborate you weren't at work, speak to your TM
thanks
if it helps buddy we've all done it
Paulzen

Post by Paulzen »

I have done it. Print out reason on the back and it should all be good.
Danetter

Post by Danetter »

Definitely make sure you do 2 print outs with a manual entry on both, documented the same. Give one to your boss/manager and keep one with yourself, if you do get pulled it’s all written out before hand
Karlidd

Post by Karlidd »

Done it many times never bothered with prints outs
Edwardo22

Post by Edwardo22 »

Karlidd wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:32 pm Done it many times never bothered with prints outs
I'm not the only one 😂😂
KiddCid

Post by KiddCid »

If it’s been on rest all weekend you’ll have nothing to worry about
Thomable

Post by Thomable »

Did you leave it on bed
Edwardo22

Post by Edwardo22 »

Thomable wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm Did you leave it on bed
no mate, other work I think
Thomable

Post by Thomable »

Edwardo22 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm
Thomable wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:35 pm Did you leave it on bed
no mate, other work I think
Do print x2 hand 1 in keep other
Jamnest

Post by Jamnest »

Don't worry write out reasons on a print out. Dvsa have seen it all before just don't keep repeating mistake. Your only problem is tachograph is going to have messages all over it telling you to take a rest so use a diary to keep a written record or you'll get confused
Joneys

Post by Joneys »

Just use your other card for a week
Edwardo22

Post by Edwardo22 »

Joneys wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:36 pm Just use your other card for a week
😂😂😂
Drewinfo

Post by Drewinfo »

I shouldn’t worry n do the print outs, but with a bit of luck it’ll be on bed and then it won’t be an issue
ChloeGo

Post by ChloeGo »

Dont worry about it.
Khancoll

Post by Khancoll »

of course u can... why ask people on here go speak to your transport manager.
Edwardo22

Post by Edwardo22 »

Thanks to all!

Return to “HGV truck drivers | General discussions”