I passed my class one in November is there anywhere that will take on new passes I am in Blackpool area willing to

Ads by truck drivers looking for work
Keirante80

I passed my class one in November is there anywhere that will take on new passes I am in Blackpool area willing to

Post by Keirante80 »

I passed my class one in November is there anywhere that will take on new passes I am in Blackpool area willing to travel up to 50 miles
MarkNarc

Re: I passed my class one in November is there anywhere that will take on new passes I am in Blackpool area willing to

Post by MarkNarc »

I passed in January and applied for 30+ jobs. Not had so much as an interview.
Keirante80

Re: I passed my class one in November is there anywhere that will take on new passes I am in Blackpool area willing to

Post by Keirante80 »

MarkNarc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:55 pm I passed in January and applied for 30+ jobs. Not had so much as an interview.
I have applied for 90+ and still no luck even training agency
MarkNarc

Post by MarkNarc »

Keirante80 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:55 pm
MarkNarc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:55 pm I passed in January and applied for 30+ jobs. Not had so much as an interview.
I don't understand it. I thought UK was 50k drivers short? I've put £3k in to getting my license and there's nothing
Neiomix

Post by Neiomix »

MarkNarc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:56 pm
I don't understand it. I thought UK was 50k drivers short? I've put £3k in to getting my license and there's nothing
It was 50k short of experienced with low pay for you to get something now it's almost impossible
MarkNarc

Post by MarkNarc »

Neiomix wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:56 pm

It was 50k short of experienced with low pay for you to get something now it's almost impossible
how depressing..
GlGordan

Post by GlGordan »

MarkNarc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:57 pm

how depressing..
it was all Bollox mate it was then and it is now. A few foreign drivers left and went home some because of the ir35 ruling. Others had just had enough etc etc it was a great way to flood the market again with drivers to keep the wages down low. Etc etc etc now the market is flooded with drivers again. Wages are down. This year is particularly bad though in some areas.
MelMate

Post by MelMate »

how depressing..
because you expecting 50k straight away.
MarkNarc

Post by MarkNarc »

MelMate wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:01 pm

how depressing..
no mate. Was expecting a 50k shortage of drivers, not paid 50k. I'll drive a bin lorry for a tenner an hour but can't even get that work.
MelMate

Post by MelMate »

MarkNarc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:01 pm

how depressing..
no mate. Was expecting a 50k shortage of drivers, not paid 50k. I'll drive a bin lorry for a tenner an hour but can't even get that work.
Aaa Okay mate. Read what I said in post. Maybe this’s will be help you
Akeemco

Post by Akeemco »

MarkNarc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:01 pm

how depressing..
I passed last August, and nothing. I regret doing my test now!
Jamewo98

Post by Jamewo98 »

Edmondsons in Morecambe take on new passes. However you'll have to drive class 2 for the first 6 months as part of the insurance policy. Mulgrews in Heysham used to but now they want 18 months experience. You can try Sure Freight, Montgomery Transport, Global Cargo Solutions. O'reilly transport take new passes but currently they have no positions.
Keirante80

Post by Keirante80 »

Jamewo98 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:02 pm Edmondsons in Morecambe take on new passes. However you'll have to drive class 2 for the first 6 months as part of the insurance policy. Mulgrews in Heysham used to but now they want 18 months experience. You can try Sure Freight, Montgomery Transport, Global Cargo Solutions. O'reilly transport take new passes but currently they have no positions.
I’ll try them companies tomorrow
Jamerino

Post by Jamerino »

Keirante80 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:03 pm
Jamewo98 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:02 pm Edmondsons in Morecambe take on new passes. However you'll have to drive class 2 for the first 6 months as part of the insurance policy. Mulgrews in Heysham used to but now they want 18 months experience. You can try Sure Freight, Montgomery Transport, Global Cargo Solutions. O'reilly transport take new passes but currently they have no positions.
I’ll try them companies tomorrow
carefoots at longride
JCocycin

Post by JCocycin »

I've been driving 4 years im now moving to forklift driving its 12 hours nd no more no less gives me chance to work on other stuff 15 hours in a truck on a loading bay is just crap lifestyle but good luck
JJenkin

Post by JJenkin »

Just a note aswel. Personally i believe a cv won't get you anywhere in this industry. I had a job within a week of passing my test by knocking doors with the choice of 3 places to choose who I wanted to go with.
Keirante80

Post by Keirante80 »

JJenkin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm Just a note aswel. Personally i believe a cv won't get you anywhere in this industry. I had a job within a week of passing my test by knocking doors with the choice of 3 places to choose who I wanted to go with.
I think a lot of it has to do with being in Blackpool is not one of the best places to find work as a HGV driver
JJenkin

Post by JJenkin »

Keirante80 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm
JJenkin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm Just a note aswel. Personally i believe a cv won't get you anywhere in this industry. I had a job within a week of passing my test by knocking doors with the choice of 3 places to choose who I wanted to go with.
I think a lot of it has to do with being in Blackpool is not one of the best places to find work as a HGV driver
I'm in Blackpool myself mate. Go knocking doors instead of sending off cvs. Heysham/Morecambe is the place to be looking at haulage firms.
Keirante80

Post by Keirante80 »

JJenkin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:06 pm
Keirante80 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:05 pm
I'm in Blackpool myself mate. Go knocking doors instead of sending off cvs. Heysham/Morecambe is the place to be looking at haulage firms.
I will give it a try just hard at the moment as need to plan around childcare and work lol
AaronFox

Post by AaronFox »

Akw trafford Park Manchester
KatarZin

Post by KatarZin »

When I first passed my test registered with 4 different agencies. Never out of work but kept knocking on doors until I got a full time job.
Keithei

Post by Keithei »

If you want Trumping try DUMFRIES fright
DaleZee

Post by DaleZee »

S J Bargh Lancaster are always on the look out for drivers. They base trucks closer to you also
Stepayro

Post by Stepayro »

DaleZee wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:12 pm S J Bargh Lancaster are always on the look out for drivers. They base trucks closer to you also
good work
Matteetz

Post by Matteetz »

I have vacancy, but only £11p/h
McKeegix

Post by McKeegix »

Matteetz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:14 pm I have vacancy, but only £11p/h
drop to £10.40 to national minimum wage 😃
Craixahan

Post by Craixahan »

Matteetz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:14 pm I have vacancy, but only £11p/h
that's why you got vacancies
MelMate

Post by MelMate »

Guys I passed my test in last Monday from car to artic. I spent 2 days to apply online and this’s dosen’t work. They only take drivers with experience. What you can do print 40/50 CV’s and go straight away to companies and tell them you new passed you happy to covering sickness/holidays you can work any days any shifts is doesn’t matter for you because you need anything to getting experience tell them you can do any shift and I promise you will be find One transport manager who will be find a time to speak with you and maybe offer you a job. Take any job where they offer you a training in this case they will be care about you. If this work will be hard remember this only 6 months you will be get experience and you can go somewhere else !! Good luck boys
I find job in day 3 and after passed my test start next Monday.
Keirante80

Post by Keirante80 »

MelMate wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:17 pm Guys I passed my test in last Monday from car to artic. I spent 2 days to apply online and this’s dosen’t work. They only take drivers with experience. What you can do print 40/50 CV’s and go straight away to companies and tell them you new passed you happy to covering sickness/holidays you can work any days any shifts is doesn’t matter for you because you need anything to getting experience tell them you can do any shift and I promise you will be find One transport manager who will be find a time to speak with you and maybe offer you a job. Take any job where they offer you a training in this case they will be care about you. If this work will be hard remember this only 6 months you will be get experience and you can go somewhere else !! Good luck boys
I find job in day 3 and after passed my test start next Monday.
I can try, but with me, having kids and me at full-time work will be hard to get time to travel but we’ll find time to get around thank you
Keirante80

Post by Keirante80 »

Paulock wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pmFox Bros
their nothing yet
Paulock

Post by Paulock »

Keirante80 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pm
Paulock wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pmFox Bros
their nothing yet
Try Robinsons @ Brock or JM collinson garstang
Jonesis21

Post by Jonesis21 »

If you have any mates or family members in the industry ask them to keep an eye out for you I was quite lucky because my father got me a job when I first passed my test it was 16 years ago but that’s how I got my foot in the door
Cesarde

Post by Cesarde »

Do not despair. I've been driving HGVs for the last 20 years and all I can find at the moment is rubbish, and not much. I've applied to 4 or 5 middly interesting jobs in the last couple of weeks and I've heard nothing back. Just a few months ago that was unthinkable. This is going to be a bad year and this month is the worst even in a good year.
If you're working full time, as I think I've read above, keep applying online and, if you can, visit some companies the days you're off work, as many have already proposed. And patience, mate. To gain experience in a new trade is a marathon, rather than a sprint. I'm sure you'll get something
Berivanto

Post by Berivanto »

Passed mine in Dec and everyone asks for experienced driver, but if nobody offers the new passers how can we get experience 🤔
I told one company I'm gonna buy a toy truck and get experience at home, he wasn't amused 😅

Return to “HGV truck drivers looking for work | Employment wanted”