Do you have insurance. Ie professional indemnity insurance? Just in case something unforseen happens.

Share ideas, best practices, ask questions. No ads here.
Havymo

Do you have insurance. Ie professional indemnity insurance? Just in case something unforseen happens.

Post by Havymo »

For all of you that are external TM's and olicence holders. Do you have insurance. Ie professional indemnity insurance? Just in case something unforseen happens.
Appriciate your help
holpa

Re: Do you have insurance. Ie professional indemnity insurance? Just in case something unforseen happens.

Post by holpa »

It shouldn't matter if others have or not.
If you feel you should, then have it
stevemaury

Re: Do you have insurance. Ie professional indemnity insurance? Just in case something unforseen happens.

Post by stevemaury »

Yes we do. Professional indemnity and public liability is a good idea. 👍🏻
gnarly1014

Post by gnarly1014 »

Professional indemnity and Public Liability are a must albeit I have never had to use it.
jerha202

Post by jerha202 »

Public liability and professional indemnity 👍 never had to use it but it’s like with any insurance - you don’t need it until you need it
a1topdog

Post by a1topdog »

In what situation would you need to have insurance if you are an external Tm ? Just curious as a lot of people say it's a must.
retroworx

Post by retroworx »

a1topdog wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:43 am In what situation would you need to have insurance if you are an external Tm ? Just curious as a lot of people say it's a must.
if you gave incorrect advice and your client is prosecuted as a result, for example, they can sue.
sand_danser

Post by sand_danser »

For all those who have an insurance in place, which insurance agent/company do you use and what are the cost? Thanks.
kooksee

Post by kooksee »

Simply Business, costs me £60 a year for 50k PI and £1m PL. Would be mad not to pay for it tbh.
AKJ

Post by AKJ »

kooksee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:45 am Simply Business, costs me £60 a year for 50k PI and £1m PL. Would be mad not to pay for it tbh.
I'm getting quotes for this at £147!
Bluecorn

Post by Bluecorn »

kooksee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:45 am Simply Business, costs me £60 a year for 50k PI and £1m PL. Would be mad not to pay for it tbh.
Blimey, I thought the norm for Public was £5 million! A short while back I had similar priced quote but it was for £1m PI and £5m public. If things go wrong for PI, £60k wouldn't go far - just a thought.

For ETM's its as much having the Ins to defend against a claim as it is if you've done something wrong and the client wants compensation. Its a big step from a driver or operator getting prosecuted and the ETM doing something wrong. Thats where a contract starts to have an effect.

Obviously, or at least I assume obviously, for the employed TM, the business has suitable PL insurance cover anyway. AFAIK, PI wouldn't apply to internal advice being given as the insured can't claim against themselves.

Return to “Transport managers | General discussions”